Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Earl

Old/New member with a problem

Hi folks name is Earl. I live in North Ga. I signed up on the forum back in 2010 and for some reason forgot that I did. I have a 2013 Keystone Alpine 3700re that is stored in a campground at present. Plan to take to the road middle of next year. Sold my truck and a few months ago bought another one. Had a lot of trouble with the diesel so now have a gas 1ton to do the job. While staying in the camper this last time we had a problem with the drain in the kitchen. Found a 2" pipe going to a regular drain fitting in the back of the unit about between the two slides, living room and kitchen, on street side. It does not have a valve to turn it off so when you un-cap it water comes out. It seems to be for the kitchen sink drain. Does any one have any idea whats going on with this thing? Can't find a note of this anywhere. Thanks for any help you all can give me about this drain. And again nice to be here and thanks for having me.

Earl -

I've moved your post from the New Member Check In to this section of the forum.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:45 AM   #2
therink

It sounds like you are referring to the galley gray tank drain pipe outlet? If so, this should be a 3" drain outlet with cap and twist adapter to connect to sewer hose? Do I have this right?
If so, the galley gray tank is equipped with a shut off valve. The valve pull handle may be tucked in and up high behind the lower skirting (either in front or behind the axles, likely near the drain pipe outlet). Have you crawled under there and looked for it? I can't imagine that the tank doesn't have a valve. The pull handle could also be found protruding through the underbelly material, likely near where the drain pipe come out.
Maybe some other 3700RE owners will chime in.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:08 AM   #3
bsmith0404

I have a 3500RE, very similar, just a small variation on the kitchen/dining room layout. The dump valves on the Aplines are all located in the "All in One Water Works" center, there should not be another valve anywhere. I have never seen the part you are talking about. I don't have my camper at the house right now to look. My only guess is that it may be some type of a low point drain for winterization

ON EDIT* I just looked at some pics of a 2013 3700RE on line, my bad....I only see one gray tank dump valve in the water works center. You probably do have a second valve somewhere underneath as mentioned earlier.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Earl

Thanks "therink" I think you are right. After spending a couple of hours last night reading posts with the same problem, it sounds like another Keystone surprise. In the water works compartment I only have two pull releases for tanks. As others have found there must be another valve to control the release of this water somewhere and it is open. The frame around the front tire seems to be the spot to look at first for it. The water has the smell of dish soap so I feel it has to come from the sink in the kitchen. Will let everyone know what I found, will be there in a couple of days. Thanks for the info.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Earl,

Look in the "general vicinity" of under the kitchen sink, then along the frame rail on the road side. The valve handle should be somewhere around that area. Also, on almost all of Keystone's products, they have a very small decal at the join space between the sidewall and the skirting. That's where the fiberglass and the aluminum bottom are joined. The decal says something like, "Gray Water Valve" It's only about 3" long, 1" high and is white with black letters. Easily missed until you see it. It may be just in front of or just behind your wheel well covers.

My guess would be that it's under the dinette and through (or just under) the main frame rail.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
sh4al

I have the 3720FB model and the second gray dump valve is located just to the left of the front axle (can be difficult to see). Two blacks and the other gray are in the water works center.
sh4al is offline   Reply With Quote