Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Cowtown Jim

tx gulf coast

Any recommends for Galveston area
Cowtown Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
michol02

Galveston Island State park(on the beach) is our favorite, but getting a reservation may be difficult, they're usually full in the summer months. Bayou Shores is another one we frequent. It's on the bay and usually has a spot for us when others are full. There's Dellanera, Jamaica Beach, and Sandpiper(all on the beach). They look nice but I haven't stayed at either three because they're usually booked and a bit more pricy. This time of year, you might not have a problem getting reservations. Good luck.

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
wgb1

Never been to Jamaica Beach. Hear its nice. Dellenera is city owned and very convenient to Galveston and right at the west end of the seawall at the beach directly behind the small dunes. Sandpiper is very nice and very convenient to almost everything in Galveston. It has huge concrete pads, infinity pool, hot tub and about a 2 minute walk to the beach. It is by far my favorite, but it is fairly pricey. Also, don't forget Bayou Shores. It is bay side, has grass sites and a nice restaurant next door and small marina. There are a few permanent residents, but it was a decent park. You will be close to your neighbor! Galveston Island State Park also. I stayed there so much I guess I am burned out on it. I now prefer the convenience of the 3 others.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
LovingRV1031

Take a look West at a community called "surfside". The water is much cleaner and the are is very quiet. Very good Local Seafood joint along with great Fish Market with just about anything you need. I think there are about 3 here. Or, look farther East and check out "crystal Beach" area. Several sites there but away from the touristy Galveston scene.