Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
SmokeyTheBearRocks

Yosemite for Thanksgiving

Howdy friends.

We are planning on visiting Yosemite over the Thanksgiving weekend. We have reservations in the Upper Pines CG. We went last year as well, but pulled our popup trailer. This will be the first time going into Yosemite with the TT. We have a Cougar 29RBSWE. Was hoping someone might have some experience they can share regarding pulling up along Highway 41 and through the Wawona tunnel. It has a height restriction...10'2" at the curb. I have heard some just roll down the center line of the road and are A-OK. Also, does anyone have any experience with Upper Pines campground? Not sure about the turning radiace and backing into the campsites. The NP tends to be conservative about their lengths, and I seem to recall some similar TT in there last time, but I am worried about making the long drive and not being able to park. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
SmokeyTheBearRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
JoePK

Camping at Upper Pines

It's been awhile since I've been up there, but do remember having anything over a 24/25 foot trailer, you can't get into the campsite. Hopefully someone will have some recent experience, because I would love to take our Springdale 266rlls up there. It's almost 30 feet long, and I don't think any of them will work.
JoePK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Poppy's 5th Wheel

I spent some time on ReserveAmerica and it appears the maximum trailer length is 27ft. Did you have this unit when you made reservations? I'd love to know what site you're reserved for. There is at least 1 site listed for 35ft but when you view the details it clearly said that max trailer length is still only 27ft due to limited maneuverability.

I did find some sites in Lower Pines that would handle your trailer.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsi...O&parkId=70928

Good luck and please let me know what you manage as we are really anxious to camp in the Park but never thought we could get our rig (34ft) in there.
2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC 4x4
2007 Corvette Z51
2009 Cadillac CTS
Poppy's 5th Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
Brantlaker

Forest Fire

The NP Service has evacuated the park today because of forest fires along the main road going into the park. Just Google Yosemite or go to USA Today on line to read about it.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
LZScout

Yosemite for Thanksgiving

We were there in July and did check out the tunnel and campgrounds for our future use in our 37' Alpine 3250RL. As for camp sizes, some will work and some won't. None have hookups. There are RV parks south of the park that do. The drive in takes anywhere from 30 min to an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
height restrictions, upper pines, yosemite