Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
vampress_me

Inept search user for black tank valve

I didn't know where to put this question, so here it is. I have been using the search function (apparently quite poorly) with any combination of black tank flush, check valve, or other words I could think of. If anyone can help, I'm looking for the post from this summer/fall (I think) where someone had a picture posted of the black tank flush valve under their bathroom sink. I'm want to try to find our valve, which isn't under the sink, and replace it before it breaks. I thought the picture would at least help me identify what I'm looking for on my hunt. I don't *think* I imagined seeing that picture...

Thank you!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
gepaine

Here's A Picture

This is what mine looks like (under the bathroom sink):
Attached Images

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Here ya go. This is what's under your sink (I also have a 2014 XLite) and all of them with the bathroom side aisle bath that has a part of the wardrobe slide as a linen closet have the same plumbing configuration.

You may not be able to easily see the anti-siphon valve as it usually is tucked up under the back of the sink, but you'll see four 1/2" PEX tubes under the sink. Two are for your hot/cold water, the other two are for your valve "in" and "out" lines. All of the valves I've seen recently are black, however there may be a white one floating around somewhere, if the dealer had to replace it before you bought the trailer, so look for both colors.

It's there, get on your hands and knees and follow the two white PEX tubes...

Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank antisiphon valve a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	7234  
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
vampress_me

Thank you both for the pictures! Now I know what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Here ya go. This is what's under your sink (I also have a 2014 XLite) and all of them with the bathroom side aisle bath that has a part of the wardrobe slide as a linen closet have the same plumbing configuration.
Ours aren't under the sink, we must have the mutant X-Lite. We have only 2 lines and the drain. One red line to hot water, one blue line to cold water. And I verified by touch that they go up to the faucet, no sneaky valve under there. So, I apparently have a hunt ahead to find the valve, that's why I wanted to know for sure what I am supposed to look for. The two pictures show the top shelf under the bathroom sink, and then second shows the bottom shelf, and unfortunately no valve or extra lines.

But if you know what's in the black box off to the left on the bottom shelf picture, I'm curious about that too! There's nothing on the other side of the wall from it. I'm starting to think the guys that build these campers are just like our children, they keep us guessing at every turn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	top shelf.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	7241   Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom shelf.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	7243  

Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

On our Cougar, the valve is not under the sink so yours is not a mutant.
Ours is located behind the stereo cabinet! I found it by starting at the outside hose connection and following a direct line to the inside. There is a removable panel to the side to the stereo so I took that off and there it was - no where near the bathroom sink.

Haven't any clue where yours might be but try looking for a secret, removable panel that is more or less in line with the black tank flush exterior hose connection.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Maybe if you hang a clove of garlic around the bathroom sink????? Hmmmm

No really, it might be behind that "mystery plastic cover" or, I see that in your trailer, there's a pantry storage unit in the main cabin that backs up to the bathroom sink wall. Is it possible that they installed it "inside the wall" and it's accessible by removing the pantry rear wall? If I remember correctly, on some of the Cougar models with the "coat rack/magazine rack" type of inset shelving unit, there are 6 screws to remove the entire unit. You might want to just doublecheck how your storage cabinet is installed... But first, I'd hang the garlic and check behind that mystery panel under the sink.

Good Luck !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
alien_scones

search for "flooded bathroom"
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
vampress_me

Too funny...

Well, got a flashlight and found the screws for the mysterious black box under the sink. Opened it up - and there's nothing there. A little sawdust and that's it. The plywood subfloor has a bump right next to the wall that when you push on is the edge of a hole in the plywood. If I try real hard I can almost get the tip of my finger to poke down and through at the joint of the wall panel and the floor. I think they oversized the hole through the floor into the basement for the electric for the cougar panel in the wall above just a smidge, and this is for mouse-proofing.

I also discovered while looking back by the water pump in the wardrobe for the valve that one of the pex lines for city or fresh water tank has a nasty kink in it instead of a gentle bend. Called our dealer and they are going to fix next Monday when I bring it down for winterizing. They are awesome to work with!

Our stereo is on the opposite side of the trailer as the water station inlets and the bathroom, but I may have to still look there. And I never would have thought of behind the coat hooks, so may have to peak behind that too. My other thought was in the basement behind the side wall that goes to the underbelly of the camper. Exploring, here I come!