Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Tinbender

Clearlake, CA

Where is a good place to stay around Clearlake for a few days?
Thanks
Tinbender
Tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Beachnut

We use to live in Napa, and would go Dirt Biking up north of Clear Lake in the Mendocino National Forest A LOT. We would dry camp up their quite often too. If your into really getting "AWAY", in the REAL "Outback", I would highly recommend it! It is only $5 a nite for a National Forest camping pass, or $35 for a year pass, and you can camp anywhere you can find space to park off the road. (Passes available at most all Big 5 stores, or at most any manned forestry station). Their is the small lake Pillsburry their, above clear lake, in the Mendo forest, that may also have primitive sites too.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/mendocino/

And here is a link to many other camp sites...

http://www.lakecounty.com/Accommodat...ampgrounds.htm

We have a time share in Nice, ( pronounced "neece", we own WorldMark), and have also been their Lots of times. Nice is nice, and Lake Port has some good restaurants, like TNT Mexican. Great Food right on the lake.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tnt-on-the-lake-lakeport

However,, Lake County is also very poor, and has lots of hardship / welfare folks their also, so do be cautious. We have not been back their since we moved, 11 years ago, so I am sure others with more recent experience will be more helpful. If your driving up from Napa Valley, hwy 29 going over Mt. St. Helena is quite a climb, with lots of twisty's... Have a great trip.. Hope this helps..

Beachnut
Beachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
R JOURNY

Clearlake

A friend of mine from Nebraska has a brother-in-law who is a full time manager/maintenance person at a place I believe is called Clearlake RV Resort. His name is Clark. If you go there and find some one named Clark, tell him some one that knows his brother-in-law sent you there. From what I've heard, it is supposed to be nice! Have fun!!!

2013 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4
SRW Crew Cab LOADED
6.7 Cummins DieseL 3:73
R JOURNY is offline   Reply With Quote