Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2023, 07:19 PM   #1
outdoorman

ceiling material

I've been searching for ceiling material for my Cougar X-lite 5th wheel. The seam strip material seemed to have shrunk and coming off. Anyone know where I can find material for this or are the seam strips a material covered strip? thank you
outdoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:32 PM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
I've been searching for ceiling material for my Cougar X-lite 5th wheel. The seam strip material seemed to have shrunk and coming off. Anyone know where I can find material for this or are the seam strips a material covered strip? thank you
If it were me I'd use some door stop strips, they're about the same thickness but a bit wider, paint to match or stain to contrast & replace the seam strips, most likely cheaper & much easier to find.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:26 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

What you’re describing is called batten trim. It’s a wood strip that is covered with seam tape, and I have seen it fail numerous times. Depending on the year your trailer was made you can get seam tape and make your own, but normally you have to buy 25 foot rolls. Danny has a good alternative.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:32 AM   #4
spicercars

Menards might be your best bet if your lookng to save money.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:56 AM   #5
NH_Bulldog

It is the same/similar to batten strips used in mobile homes. If you have a mobile home dealer nearby, you might be able to pick up a few there. When I was in the business we had literally hundreds of “spares” in stock for our service side of the business for both patterned wall panels and plain ceilings. Manufacturers changed their decor yearly so we always had a lot obsolete colors and patterns that we gave away to anyone who asked.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote