Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2023, 04:44 PM   #61
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Their site says a combination of radiant barrier and fiberglass insulation.
And, as the man said earlier, fiberglass insulation just won't give you the R value in a six or eight inch space. You would have to have almost a ten inch thick space. I honestly have no idea how thick they make the ceilings and roofs in those trailers.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 04:49 PM   #62
WDPatterson

Radiant Barrier aluminum coating is used on solar board for housing. It at least cuts down on the radiation coming into the building or whatever you use that material on. It takes away some of the heat that's being ablated with the fiberglass insulation. Whatever it is they're advertising, you're probably going to want to take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-14-2023, 08:35 PM   #63
wiredgeorge

I used the decking with the tin foil on when I built our laundry room (barn style building attached to the house) as it was supposed to keep heat from building up in the loft part. I am not sure what "R" value it has. The loft part isn't otherwise insulated but the laundry room ceiling/walls are.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 08:37 PM   #64
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I used the decking with the tin foil on when I built our laundry room (barn style building attached to the house) as it was supposed to keep heat from building up in the loft part. I am not sure what "R" value it has. The loft part isn't otherwise insulated but the laundry room ceiling/walls are.
It works fantastic in my chicken condominium. The aluminum acts as a reflector, even though it's on the inside of the roofing. Cuts way down on the radiation coming through the roof. Your cell phone signal won't like it much, though.
But, the chickens don't care. They don't want to talk to anyone, anyway. Just me, and only me. And my wife. They like to talk to my wife. They just like to stand on my feet. And, get me to hold them, from time to time. They're very attached. And they like their cool atmosphere. That is all.
Old 02-20-2023, 07:25 AM   #65
RET.LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDPatterson View Post
Radiant Barrier aluminum coating is used on solar board for housing. It at least cuts down on the radiation coming into the building or whatever you use that material on. It takes away some of the heat that's being ablated with the fiberglass insulation. Whatever it is they're advertising, you're probably going to want to take it with a grain of salt.
Time for the "aluminum foil hats"
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:29 AM   #66
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I have the same situation. I can't tell the difference, the stuff is too high off the floor.
Old 02-20-2023, 07:29 AM   #67
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET.LEO View Post
Time for the "aluminum foil hats"
I can't get the chickens to put them on. 😂🤣🤪😜😏😎🤓🥳
Old 04-13-2023, 12:44 PM   #68
Medic455

I am having the same issues with my 260BH as we speak and they have already stapled the skin on one row, but none of the rest. Roof now has bubble that they have denied so I am paying out of pocket for that one. I think we are probably going to sell as soon as I get it back as well. Been out 4 times and everytime we come back there is some issue that we are out of service for months about. I will never buy another keystone product if this is the way the treat warranty issues.
Medic455 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone