Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2022, 06:32 AM   #1
Justicebrian

Refrigerator Intermittent on Shore Power

I have a 2020 Montana High Country with a Dometic RM1350SLMX refrigerator. When I am connected to shore power, it will switch over to gas.

Here is what I have checked:
- I have 120V to outlet
- fuses are good
- I have 120V to the fuses
- the heater element OHMs out correctly
- I have 120V going to the heating element terminals

From this, it seems like it is working correctly, but I will hear it switch over to gas while we are camping. I do not know if this is intermittent or why it switches over to gas. This has happened at several places we have camped, so I do not think it is the incoming power quality.

Could this be a board problem? Anything else I should check? Any help is appreciated!
Justicebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
skids

I don't have the same trailer, but if all of the electrical contacts are good and are tight, I would bet that you are right. The control is suspect. Mine has an AUTO and a GAS setting and I think a check light that flashes in case there is an interruption (probably a failure to ignite gas). Auto is electrical preferance if the electrical and gas are both available.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The. RM 1350 has a diagnostic mode, use this link and scroll down for instructions.

https://www.arprv.com/dometic-rm1350.php

It could be the control board or possibly the eyebrow board.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
power