Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2022, 09:25 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
I never saw a rocker switch on water heater it self do have rocker switch on panel at frt door haven't put volt meter to it yet I completely pulled water heater out of it's home and didn't see a switch I'm aware it runs on my 120v side just haven't been able to spend the time on this particular problem have had many issues as far as this da gum red light deal it's on the 12v side with a wire connected to it and it's only reading 6.5v across it while all outhers read 13.5 fuse looks good I'm assuming I have a bad grd somewhere.
The switch at the front door panel has a rocker switch with a red light adjacent. When you actuate this rocker switch, the red light comes on telling you that the gas flame that heats your tank is lighting and when the flame is lit, the red light goes out.

The rocker switch I refer to turns on the electric heating element in many Suburban 6 gallon water heaters. It is located on the outside of your camper on the bottom left of the heater and isn't all that easy to spot. If you don't have one, there are Suburban water heaters with a remote switch inside the camper probably near the one for the propane to light and would be marked in some manner you should be able to tell it is for the electric.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #22
Stephens

Red light

Yes sir I have a rocker switch on a panel at the frt door with it on I still have nothing at element.
Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 07:04 AM   #23
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
as far as this da gum red light deal it's on the 12v side with a wire connected to it and it's only reading 6.5v across it while all outhers read 13.5 fuse looks good I'm assuming I have a bad grd somewhere.
Ok, please clarify. Exactly where are you measuring and getting 6.5v?

With the fuse removed, measure one post to ground, then the other post to ground. You should get ~13v on one, and 0v on the other.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light