Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #1
Stephens

Red light

I have a red light on in fuse panel with no fuse inserted next to it I inserted new fuse light still on.
Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephens View Post
I have a red light on in fuse panel with no fuse inserted next to it I inserted new fuse light still on.
Welcome!
We both grew up in Dumas, job transferred us to Perryton (Yuk!) & then to Ft Worth area (Yeehaw)! Still have family in Dumas & Amarillo.
As for that red light, with the fuse removed have you found any 12 volt item not working? If not it may be an extra fuse location or whatever it's connected to is not making connection.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #3
Lee

Did the fuse blow when you installed it?

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:39 AM   #4
Stephens

Thanks I can only find 2items that are out outdoor light at door amber colored and the water heater on the electric side the relay was fried replaced it replaced heating element still no power to element.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:42 AM   #5
Stephens

No sir I did have a cooked relay at back off water heater replaced it and heating element still no power to element have been fixing things right and left and have just now been able to focus on the red light.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

There are 2 different sources of power in your RV; 12vdc (the red fuse light) and 120vac (burned out water heater element). Has something electrical happened to the RV or neglected or ??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:09 PM   #7
Stephens

I'm not real familiar with the RV only had it a few months the only 12volt item that is not wking is the outside light amber in color by door the previous owner replaced the fridge with a wallmart fridge that's 120v was dumping black tank yesterday and valve wouldn't close had to open up the under side and waters poured out with 12volt wiring setting in water but red light was one from day one
Old 11-04-2022, 12:11 PM   #8
Stephens

If I vked it right I was reading only 6 volts across the fuse terminal.not 12 volt.if that matters.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:47 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Start from the beginning; determine your sources of power, 12vdc from a 12vdc battery(s), OR a 6vdc (multiple). 120vac from your power cable plugged into your campground power receptacle. Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? It will guide you in your pursuit of "power".

What year model, brand etc. is your trailer? Seems we're lumping a lot of issues together; DC issues, AC issues etc. are all different and we need to know exactly what is going on. Black tank dumping into the underbelly? PO put in a residential fridge when it wasn't built for it? HOW was all this done, what have you done? Remember we are all blind and have zero idea of what you or the PO did to that trailer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:03 PM   #10
Stephens

I have a 2005 Sydney outback when I bought it and fired it up to test things I noticed a red light in the panel didn't think much of it thought it was indicating I had power noticed my water heater on the electric side didn't work pulled panel saw relay was fried replaced it and heating element still nothing so the other day had some time and looked again at panel and realized the light was an indicator except it had no fuse in it so I put one in and nothing didn't blow that's all I've done and yes I have a volt meter
Old 11-04-2022, 05:06 PM   #11
Stephens

That's all I've done on electric side do have an outside light not wking change blub still out I'm still finding things though.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:25 PM   #12
WDPatterson

Quote:
I have a 2005 Sydney outback when I bought it and fired it up to test things I noticed a red light in the panel didn't think much of it thought it was indicating I had power noticed my water heater on the electric side didn't work pulled panel saw relay was fried replaced it and heating element still nothing so the other day had some time and looked again at panel and realized the light was an indicator except it had no fuse in it so I put one in and nothing didn't blow that's all I've done and yes I have a volt meter
If your water heater runs both on propane and electric, the electric side is going to be 120 volt. As you mentioned, you've replaced the relay. There may possibly be a switch on your kitchen area that turns that water heater on and off. Have you checked for that?

As for a red LED on the power panel, you might want to look for a manual from the manufacturer. It might just be a pilot light to let you know you have power at the panel. And, that may not be 120 volt power you looking at. It may be a pilot to show you you have 12 volts for your fuses.

Meanwhile, your heater runs on a breaker. Do you have good labeling for your breakers on your panel?
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:28 PM   #13
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDPatterson View Post
If your water heater runs both on propane and electric, the electric side is going to be 120 volt. As you mentioned, you've replaced the relay. There may possibly be a switch on your kitchen area that turns that water heater on and off. Have you checked for that?

As for a red LED on the power panel, you might want to look for a manual from the manufacturer. It might just be a pilot light to let you know you have power at the panel. And, that may not be 120 volt power you looking at. It may be a pilot to show you you have 12 volts for your fuses.

Meanwhile, your heater runs on a breaker. Do you have good labeling for your breakers on your panel?
Patterson, OP hasn't been on the site for 8 days. Advice likely going to ground.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:31 PM   #14
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Patterson, OP hasn't been on the site for 8 days. Advice likely going to ground.
I've seen a few of these, lately. Either they answered their own question, or they got busy and moved on.
Old 11-13-2022, 02:36 PM   #15
Stephens

Red light

Thanks for the info yes I have a switch at frt door panel with it on still no power to heating element that red light on fuse panel has a wire connected to it when I test for volts I only get 6.5 volts all outhers read 13.5 having a heck of a time tracing that wire without opening up the under belly however everything on trailer works except the 120volt at element.
Old 11-13-2022, 03:12 PM   #16
WDPatterson

Quote:
Thanks for the info yes I have a switch at frt door panel with it on still no power to heating element that red light on fuse panel has a wire connected to it when I test for volts I only get 6.5 volts all outhers read 13.5 having a heck of a time tracing that wire without opening up the under belly however everything on trailer works except the 120volt at element.
You will want to be plugged into Shore power, or running on a generator, in order to test that 120 volt panel.
Old 11-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #17
WDPatterson

Quote:
I did a search on DuckDuckGo:
"What is the red light on my RV fuse panel?"

I think I got a fitting answer for that. You have one bad fuse, somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221113_171517.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	42272   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221113_171535.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	42273  
Old 11-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #18
Stephens

Hey guy's sorry for the slow response gotta lot going on about the red light haven't had the time to figure out what is going on someone on this thread asked me if I was running power to the RV and of course that is a yes it's being powered by a generator for now
Old 11-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #19
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Hey guy's sorry for the slow response gotta lot going on about the red light haven't had the time to figure out what is going on someone on this thread asked me if I was running power to the RV and of course that is a yes it's being powered by a generator for now
You might want to figure out one issue at a time. As far as the water heater, you are aware that there is a small rocker switch on the front of the water heater on the bottom/left and it is hard to see. These are frequently burnt out and when go, many times the heating element burns up as well. I suspect many times it is from leaving the switch in the on position and forgetting to turn it off; the tank gets drained and bingo. Fried switch, fried heating element and fried relay up in the power center.

Is the orange light outside your door the only thing 12V DC not working as far as you can tell?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 09:18 AM   #20
Stephens

Red light

I never saw a rocker switch on water heater it self do have rocker switch on panel at frt door haven't put volt meter to it yet I completely pulled water heater out of it's home and didn't see a switch I'm aware it runs on my 120v side just haven't been able to spend the time on this particular problem have had many issues as far as this da gum red light deal it's on the 12v side with a wire connected to it and it's only reading 6.5v across it while all outhers read 13.5 fuse looks good I'm assuming I have a bad grd somewhere.

Tags
light