Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2022, 07:48 AM   #21
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I've never understood bidets. You have to dry your butt with something. With what and where does it go? I sure don't want to dry my behind with someone else's rag. Or do you just go around with a big wet spot on the back of your pants?
Enquiring minds want to know!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:58 AM   #22
wegone

They now have toilers that know who is using it, I kid you not.

They open the lid as you approach, so you don't have to touch the lid with your hands.

The seat is warmed to your desired temp, all warm and toasty as you do your thing.

It then will wash and tidy you up with differing water sprays with a pulsating spray wand that can get all the nooks and crannies, and the exact temperature your tush enjoys.

Then like a car at a car wash, the blower comes on and finishes the process at you guessed it, the right temperature and speed....

And to think we have folks starving and living in poverty in our country.

Oh the stories I could tell you of the homes I have plumbed in my life.

However, I have no issue cashing their checks.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:05 AM   #23
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Enquiring minds want to know!
First, a Bidet washes just as well as taking a shower (maybe even better). So, if you dry your Southern Exposure with a bath towel and hang it back on the hook to dry for the next use .... that is no different than having a dedicated towel (or a dry wash cloth) available to do the same thing after using the Bidet. That's how we do it.

No, we do not expect anyone else to use our "butt rags". And yes, they are color coded specific wash cloths we use ONLY for this purpose. We have about 20 of them (all exactly the same).

If by chance, one does streak, we immediately rinse it out and toss it in the laundry and then get a clean one.

Again ... it's no different than using a bath towel on the same body part. Do you wash your bath towels every single time you get out of the shower? I didn't think so.

For guests ... we always have TP and invite them to try the Bidet and simply dry with the TP. Our "butt rags" are ours. We don't expect ANYONE else to use them for anything ... ever!

The really, really big advantage of the Bidet, especially in the camper ... there is never any TP in the tank... going on over 3 years now. When dumping it makes a LOT of difference.... not to mention how much easier that is on our septic tank at home. (And when the "little pandemic" was full swing ... we didn't have to purchase a single roll of TP... we were laughing at all the "crap" ... yea, another pun ... going on during that time. We made the Bidet change at just the right time ... plus .... it has saved us a ton of money on the cost of TP over the last 3 years. In every direction, the Bidet is a WIN!)

I'm still looking into one of those that will heat, spray warm water, and have built in drying heater fans. But the logistic of the camper make it challenging. I haven't quite figured it out yet ... BUT (ha! pun intended!) ... I'm still working on it!
Old 10-31-2022, 09:14 AM   #24
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
For guests ... we always have TP and invite them to try the Bidet and simply dry with the TP.

The really, really big advantage of the Bidet, especially in the camper ... there is never any TP in the tank...
Maybe it's just me but those two statements seem pretty contradictory. Where does your guests soaked TP go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Do you wash your bath towels every single time you get out of the shower?
Actually, yes. My wife is adamant about that. One use and the towel goes in the hamper.

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:21 AM   #25
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
The seat is warmed to your desired temp, all warm and toasty as you do your thing.

It then will wash and tidy you up with differing water sprays with a pulsating spray wand that can get all the nooks and crannies, and the exact temperature your tush enjoys.

Then like a car at a car wash, the blower comes on and finishes the process at you guessed it, the right temperature and speed....
All very nice if you are building new. Not so convenient if you are trying to upgrade most existing homes. Need hot water supply AND 120V receptacle near the toilet for all of that to work. I know of very few homes built that way. (I am a retired carpenter. I've built and remodeled more buildings than I can count. Only one in 40 years included a bidet) Getting the power might not be too much trouble but very, very, very, very few existing homes have a hot water supply anywhere near or accessible next to a toilet.

Edit: I just googled bidets and learned that some are equipped with electric "instant hot(warm)" heaters. Those would solve the hot water supply issue so my comments about the feasibility of adding one is wrong. The one home I mentioned was a custom build with a bidet included right from the start. The hot water supply and electric that I mentioned was built into it from the beginning and that was what I was going by.

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:11 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

I would never "reuse" a towel that been used on ANYTHING other than my hands. IMO that's disgusting. Many things like dead skin cells and feces are removed and trapped in the fibers of a towel. I'm not drying my face today with a towel used to dry my butt yesterday. There are many ways to save money but that's not for me.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #27
notanlines

Every hotel we have stayed at in Europe (Yes, all over Europe) has furnished a bidet in every room. If we ever built new again (not likely) we will have one. We both like 'em and used 'em. The bathroom had small stacks of small cotton cloth wipes to use when the bidet finished. And what Dutch said: Much cleaner than wiping with toilet paper.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:07 PM   #28
wegone

Before this thread gets all washed up......

A bidet is a standalone plumbing fixture with its own water supplies (hot and cold) a mixing valve with built in backflow protection, and separate waste line not intended for #2 disposal.
You never, EVER, put hot water into a toilet tank, it will crack.
And I don't mean the one you is trying to wash.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #29
Gkri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSC View Post
This is a warning to those thinking of using the wipes. If you use them DO NOT FLUSH THEM!

So quick back story, we are new to the RV world and we decided to live in it full time. Having used wet wipes for years in our home with no issue, we were accustomed to using them. To be RV safe we bought the ones that said they were septic tank friendly thinking they would be bio-degradable and break up like the single ply TP. Well after some time we found ourselves with a large mess clogging up the tank with what I picture as a poop pyramid of wet wipes! It took a lot of water force flushing, shop vacuum down the pipe, and a metal snake to knock it loose. I think we finally have it all cleared out now but it wouldn't surprise me if there is still some stuck to the sides inside. Luckily we have 2 toilets so we were able to get by while troubleshooting. This is just a heads up for anyone currently using wet wipes or considering doing so. If you MUST use them, then you will need a garbage can to dispose them in. But do not flush them.

Hopefully this helps someone to prevent the mess we had to clean up.
We keep a small plastic container with hinged lid in the bathroom and a supply of the plastic bags from the Sunday paper as a liner. Works well to dispose of wet wipes. If you are using full hookups, be sure to keep your black tank valve closed until you need to dump and add a couple gallons of water after each dump.
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #30
Bamabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
What Danny (TT) said: At our sticks and bricks, wipes NEVER go down the commode. Flushable is a line of BS just like half-ton towable.
Love the half-ton towable analogy. Spot on.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 AM   #31
jamtracy

I used to think this was common sense but not so. When we had our maiden voyage with our brand new 2014 5th wheel one of our daughter in laws was flushing feminine products. We were made aware of it by our other DIL. So now when someone new is with us we do a quick what not to flush talk.
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:40 AM   #32
Bamabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtracy View Post
I used to think this was common sense but not so. When we had our maiden voyage with our brand new 2014 5th wheel one of our daughter in laws was flushing feminine products. We were made aware of it by our other DIL. So now when someone new is with us we do a quick what not to flush talk.
Common sense is a phrase that will eventually disappear from our language I fear, based on what I see from younger generations. Your experience makes me think that people who rent out their RV’s have a million black tank horror stories.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:56 AM   #33
DrSmart1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkri View Post
If you are using full hookups, be sure to keep your black tank valve closed until you need to dump and add a couple gallons of water after each dump.

Hope the OP is doing that. Otherwise the pyramid will form again, without wipes.

Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:51 AM   #34
Dallasrules

We use wipes at home, but do not flush them. My family uses them in the RV, but knows not to flush them. In fact, I mostly don't flush TP either. It all goes in the trash can. When we have company at the RV, I hide the wipes. Especially if there are kids.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:16 AM   #35
dutchmensport

Well, it's quite obvious a Bidet is not for everyone. And that's OK. Since there was a truck reference in this thread it's safe to say ... that's exactly like one's choice of truck. Not everyone is a Ford guy, or a GM guy, or a Ram guy either. The beauty of it all is, there really is no right or wrong way any of us do "camping." Well just all do it a little different way! I was just attempting to point out some of the benefits of not using TP (or wipes) and having that stuff end up in the black tank.

Let's all go get a stiff drink now!
Old 11-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #36
Mr Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Whether it says "flushable", "septic safe" or "edible" I better not find anyone flushing anything other than pee, turds & paper down ANY toilet in my rv or home.
I read somewhere that even though is says "flushable", you really shouldn't.

Tags
black tank, tank