Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2023, 09:57 PM   #41
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Dometic DM2872 refrigerator has this "Low Ambient Climate Control System" ? I've scoured the manual and no mention of it. Also sent Dometic Customer Service an email last week and have not heard back (yet).

This might help explain some of my overnight voltage drop with nothing much in operation.

I have not pulled apart the light fixture yet to see if there are two neutral wires near the bulb.

BTW this model uses a LED bulb.

This looks like a quick cheap little project which could save a few precious watts.

-Thanks
According to the Dometic installation manual schematic, yes there is a door heating feature. You can download the entire installation manual here: https://www.dometic.com/assets/18/26/3313238_81826.pdf

The DM2872 schematic is located on page 38 of the manual.

Here is the schematic, notice in the lower left corner are items G H and K. They are your interior light, the switch for that light and the "heating wire" that also connects to the light and runs through the door.

The door heater is also shown on the lower left side of the right schematic, which depicts the connections to the control board. In that version of the schematic, the three components, the door heater (K), the interior light (G) and the interior switch (H) are also shown.

You might want to check the bottom of your eyebrow panel (interior control board at the top of the refrigerator) for a door heater switch. There may be one located on the bottom edge of the eyebrow control panel. If it is on your refrigerator, it will be located there, hard (next to impossible) to see until you run your finger along the bottom of the eyebrow panel and feel the switch, then look where your finger is located.... Yeah, I know, but that's the way Dometic built them.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DM2872 SCHEMATIC.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	42839  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:34 PM   #42
GoingPlaces

Thanks a million! Admittedly, I did not look in the Installation Manual only the Operating Manual.

I'll be heading over to the trailer in the next few days; I'll check for the switch then. Wouldn't that be nice!

I'll post what I find!
Old 02-01-2023, 07:56 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Thanks a million! Admittedly, I did not look in the Installation Manual only the Operating Manual.

I'll be heading over to the trailer in the next few days; I'll check for the switch then. Wouldn't that be nice!

I'll post what I find!
There is no "heat tape switch" reflected on the schematic for the DM2872, so I wouldn't put a lot of hope into finding one, but you never know, and it would be very frustrating to modify your refrigerator to install an internal switch beside the interior light, then, after all that work (and altering the OEM parts) you discover one "sitting there all this time"....

So, I don't think you'll find one, but certainly worth a look to make sure.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:19 PM   #44
GoingPlaces

no switch

I made it over to my trailer today; no switch to be found. Bummer for me.

I started to investigate removing the cover to the light and found that it was held in place by what appeared to be plastic pop rivets. Is this the case? How do I remove these things? Can they then be reused, new ones purchased, or would I need use another way to resecure the light cover after the heat strip modification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230204_141244.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	42854   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230204_141257.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	42855   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230204_141309.jpg
Views:	41