Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2023, 08:49 AM   #21
ChuckS

I actually think the link to the service manual is worthwhile. The contents and system description sections such as DC and AC power help folks to get a grasp on the overall control and flow of power to operate fridge.

The schematic is spot on as well.

With a multimeter, a good electronics background and sound troubleshooting skills the issues should be fairly easy to find and fix.

There is a good section on lower board testing that should be worthwhile to read over and perform those tests.

The attached image will show you how to see if you have 12 vdc up to the eyebrow panel and how to test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8077.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	42841  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 05:02 PM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Yeah I get that Jasin1.....I wouldn't want to purchase a so called new / used returned part either.
I ordered through Amazon, so it was easy to return. I was told by the "Mobile RV Repair Guy"[emoji848] I hired.... that the new circuit board I ordered was faulty and that it happens from time to time.
He never said anything about the thermal fuses?
That will be the last time I ever make the mistake of having a mobile service come out unless I need a tow-lol
well good luck with the repair
Old 02-03-2023, 11:55 AM   #23
meaz93*

Found out something interesting today called Dometic directly. Now 3 months ago I had done the same thing but they had quoted me an updated part # for the right side 2017 model Dometic RV Refrigerator ( Outback is a 2018 with a 2018 Leftside unit? ) which was totally different than what they previously prescribed for the circuit board and I ordered through Amazon.
So basically I was given the incorrect model # and that's probably why it didn't work!?
I went ahead and bought it directly from Dometic this time.
To be fair at the end of last year Dometic did tell me that first of all the part was out of stock and would be astronomical once it did come in, and that I probably could find one cheaper elsewhere.
I should have written the persons name down that I spoke with back than......wonder if they were let go[emoji848][emoji2955]
The RIGHT part is due in approximately 3-5 business days all the way from China ( not super excited about that ) we shall see![emoji1696]
I did get lucky by purchasing the wrong part from Amazon and than being able to return for a refund.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-10 16.03.11.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	42846
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:38 PM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Found out something interesting today called Dometic directly. Now 3 months ago I had done the same thing but they had quoted me an updated part # for the right side 2017 model Dometic RV Refrigerator ( Outback is a 2018 with a 2018 Leftside unit? ) which was totally different than what they previously prescribed for the circuit board and I ordered through Amazon.
So basically I was given the incorrect model # and that's probably why it didn't work!?
I went ahead and bought it directly from Dometic this time.
To be fair at the end of last year Dometic did tell me that first of all the part was out of stock and would be astronomical once it did come in, and that I probably could find one cheaper elsewhere.
I should have written the persons name down that I spoke with back than......wonder if they were let go[emoji848][emoji2955]
The RIGHT part is due in approximately 3-5 business days all the way from China ( not super excited about that ) we shall see![emoji1696]
I did get lucky by purchasing the wrong part from Amazon and than being able to return for a refund.

Attachment 42846

do they deliver by balloon from china? i hear there is one over Montana
Old 02-03-2023, 12:53 PM   #25
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
do they deliver by balloon from china? i hear there is one over Montana
So what your saying is-lol.... their could be a link to my ( Their ) part and said floating mobile servallence UFO?-lol[emoji848]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220527-083424_Facebook.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	42847
Old 02-04-2023, 06:24 PM   #26
GlasNav

We had a thermal fuse blow while transiting Cal 166 between Maricopa and Cuyama and were heading to dry camping at an Air Force Base waiting for our hook up site to become available. Since then, we never travel with the gas open and fridge on. Didn't encounter this with our two previous travel trailers! I did jump this circuit for a day an a half since we were dry, didn't want to continuously run the generator. This was during the Covid debacle, the local RV shop near Lompoc was shuttered. Ordered replacements from Amazon and have only had to use one since this issue.
GlasNav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:14 PM   #27
meaz93*

Well.....this little Thermal Fuse to the stack was the problem. Replaced it and the Refrigerator fired right up!
In the long run I learned a lot.
#1>Mobile RV Tech that initially came out didn't know what he was doing when he diagnosed the new circuit board installed as a faulty part.
#2 >I spent $167 part & shipping from Dometic ( can't send it back ) on a circuit board that wasn't necessary .
#3>I've got a backup circuit board[emoji848]ohh well.
#4>WOOOHOOO trailer slide is fixed along with the frig!!! Ready for camping before the AZ heat sets in[emoji106]
All in all....by me repairing and replacing the gearbox slide, I actually saved money. The thermal fuse part was only $58.
Now I can help another OP if need be..... from experience!!![emoji6]Click image for larger version

Name:	20230215_140252.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	42946
Old 02-15-2023, 01:44 PM   #28
CedarCreekWoody

Glad you got it working again. FYI if you ever need to replace the inline thermal fuse they are available on amazon, about $8 for ten fuses as I recall.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:17 PM   #29
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Glad you got it working again. FYI if you ever need to replace the inline thermal fuse they are available on amazon, about $8 for ten fuses as I recall.
Lol......I was gun shy on purchasing it from Amazon. I definitely will have a few spares on hand!![emoji106]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230212-195503_Chrome.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	42947

Tags
dometic