Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2022, 05:54 AM   #1
Alpine22

Alpine A/C

Have a 22 alpine with a/c troubles the dealer can’t fix, ac blows cold hit temp them will not kick back on unless you turn it off and back on. Anyone have the same issue with a resolution? Thanks
Alpine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine22 View Post
Have a 22 alpine with a/c troubles the dealer can’t fix, ac blows cold hit temp them will not kick back on unless you turn it off and back on. Anyone have the same issue with a resolution? Thanks
Has the dealer replaced the AC?
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:19 AM   #3
Alpine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Has the dealer replaced the AC?
Not yet, it’s a communication problem thru the in command, both modules have been replaced, thermostats and all. Before I go down the lemon law process wanted to see on here.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:24 AM   #4
bsmith0404

Check your state. Lemon laws can be specific to cars and many do not have a lemon law for RVs. It’s still under warranty, sounds like the dealer needs to replace the control module on the IC if they’ve narrowed it down to an IC problem.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #5
Alpine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Check your state. Lemon laws can be specific to cars and many do not have a lemon law for RVs. It’s still under warranty, sounds like the dealer needs to replace the control module on the IC if they’ve narrowed it down to an IC problem.
They replaced them 2 times already, little black module on the roof, sorry not a mechanic lol
Old 08-07-2022, 07:34 AM   #6
bsmith0404

There’s guys on here that spend more time troubleshooting these systems and will give a better answer, but I believe the communication goes from the control pad through the control board that’s located in the pass through. Then through the thermostat to the AC. I would suspect the control board in the pass through.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:35 AM   #7
Alpine22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine22 View Post
They replaced them 2 times already, little black module on the roof, sorry not a mechanic lol
Also I agree I don’t know the laws and hate to go that route. Just sucks 100k plus rv and system can’t be fixed. Been really patient with dealer so far. Took them 3 times to fix one of my grey tank valves, finally I bought the valve myself and sat under the rv on you tube and fixed myself. They kept not aligning the o rings they would smash up and leak all over the campsites.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:12 AM   #8
bsmith0404

Sounds like an issue with the dealer, not the RV

Tags
alpine