Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #21
Qwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You could remove that side rail. Apply eternabond tape so that the rail covers the edge, and then you’ll just have to seal the ends and one side after putting the rail back on.
I second the chuckster. I've done this to a previous RV and getting behind the rail is an essential part of the process.
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:44 AM   #22
Mikelff

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpfarrell View Post
Quick Update:

Spoke to RV-Armor today. They are scheduling several months out for my area, so I'll have to go the eternabond route for now.

Additionally, they will have to remove the eternabond and re-repair the tear with their armor-ready material as part of the prep, which increases the cost of their quote and essentially means I'd be paying twice to repair the tear

Thanks again everyone for participating, I'll update the post after the eternabond fix is applied and let you see how it turns out.
I would talk to your agent about filing a claim right away, and go with one of the lifetime roof replacement roofs. Under your policy, it is your responsibility to mitigate further damage from your initial incident . Your insurance should cover both the temporary fix with the Eterabond tape (and it is a temporary fix!!) and then the final repair/ roof replacement with the lifetime warranty roof. You can discuss with your adjuster that it will take a few months to get the permanent replacement done. They understand these issues. If you do not file the claim now, and you have issues down the road, your insurance can deny your claim due to the fact you didn’t file your claim in a timely manner. My wife is an insurance adjuster for 38 years, and she said you definitely need to file a claim. Even if you have to wait a few months for the final repair, you will be covered. If you do not file a claim, it could cost you mega bucks out of your pocket later. Plus, if you go with a temporary fix only, it could kill your resale value when you decide to sell. Get this temporary fix approved BEFORE the work is done!!! This is why you bought insurance!!!! USE IT!! You are not the first person to do something like this. Don't try to roll the dice. You will come up snake eyes. Best of luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:28 AM   #23
Campermike

The windshield claims probably did little to your risk as they're considered comprehensive. The roof would be considered collision. I would still have them cover it. Your rates may go up but that repair will be costly! Id also talk to the repair place about how they would cover it temporarily.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:45 AM   #24
bsmith0404

Since we’re getting off track here…..it seems like windshield is one of those coverages that seems to vary from company to company. With USAA, repairs are free and doesn’t count as a claim. Replacement is a different story. On my comp I dropped the deductible to $0 just for windshield concerns. Made a diffeeenc Eid something like $30 per year over $250. At that rate, as long as I end up replacing a windshield at least once every 8 years it pays for itself. I’ve gone many years without replacing one and then I’ve had years where I replaced more than one per year. I’d say the odds are probably in my favor.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, repairs, roof