Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 11:29 AM   #21
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I think he / they are referring more to class warfare…prius vs Chevy owners..Implying that GD owners are higher class..I realize that wasn’t your intent I think
Well, I don’t consider a Prius a higher class than a Chevy, just different. If that was what he was referring to, as I mentioned in the OP and again since then, it was tongue in cheek. Not meant to be taken serious. The entire point was that the discussion in that group, for whatever reason, got so out of hand over a topic that is having a serious impact on everyone in this lifestyle, that the moderators completely banned any discussion about it. There have been similar discussions in this group that have not had anywhere near the same type of comments/reactions. Group dynamics can be very fascinating to observe.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Well, I don’t consider a Prius a higher class than a Chevy, just different. If that was what he was referring to, as I mentioned in the OP and again since then, it was tongue in cheek. Not meant to be taken serious. The entire point was that the discussion in that group, for whatever reason, got so out of hand over a topic that is having a serious impact on everyone in this lifestyle, that the moderators completely banned any discussion about it. There have been similar discussions in this group that have not had anywhere near the same type of comments/reactions. Group dynamics can be very fascinating to observe.
It’s definitely a good group of people on here ..I feel fortunate that I found this place
Old 03-09-2022, 11:37 AM   #23
dutchmensport

Quote:
... Group dynamics can be very fascinating to observe.
It's amazing how someone's character and personality changes when they get into a mob! I've noticed in the past how a forum can get out of control and the tensions between the posts heighten ... then all of a sudden, everything is deleted! I think when people are anonymous (like a forum site or a mob), their true primal, carnal nature,... their true inner self manifests. Put someone in a mob and it doesn't take but a few moments for their true character to arise. (for good or bad).
Old 03-09-2022, 11:42 AM   #24
jasin1

It’s like local bars…some of them just get a reputation for trouble because nobody has any self control…my friend owned a neighborhood bar for years and the locals made sure that nobody got out of hand..back in my wilder days I’ve seen more then one person get asked to leave by the patrons..the owner hardly ever had to get involved…the mods on here are like that it seems
Old 03-09-2022, 11:42 AM   #25
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
It's amazing how someone's character and personality changes when they get into a mob! I've noticed in the past how a forum can get out of control and the tensions between the posts heighten ... then all of a sudden, everything is deleted! I think when people are anonymous (like a forum site or a mob), their true primal, carnal nature,... their true inner self manifests. Put someone in a mob and it doesn't take but a few moments for their true character to arise. (for good or bad).
So true. It doesn’t take much for any group to become toxic.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #26
jasin1

Quote:
Sorry in advance George
Old 03-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #27
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:

Oh yea. Read the New Haven experiments done in the early 60's. Headed by Dr. Stanley Milgram PHD of Yale University. He was trying to find out what made decent people into gestapo gas oven operators. Also known as the Milgram Exeriments. Bad stuff but enlightening.

On another note from the OP about how maybe GD folks might feel "superior" (NO the OP didn't say that it was evolved into that). Well that I cannot understand as I have gone through GDs at RV centers and they appeared to me to be to different than my Keystone. Exact same fittings and furniture.
But I DO have feelings of superiority. After all I have German Shepherds.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

Old 03-09-2022, 12:30 PM   #28
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Fuel prices?????
If your fishing, I ain’t biting…you know what I meant, and that’s my final answer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #29
wiredgeorge

Quote:
I realize that wasn’t your intent I think
My brain started to smoke over this perspective! WHAT? I think I realize your intent to intend on what you realize? Did I get it?

I personally think anyone who unleashes a tire thread should be hunted down and tarred and feathered but I doubt my opinion will be observed by the moderators. Same with the "do I have enuf truck" threads. I am not sure why I keep reading all those threads!

On a serious note, every forum has noobs who will ask the same old questions. Every forum has the same folks who will argue against any logic. Every forum has trolls. Every forum has wise guys. I think this one does a decent job of balancing and would rather not discussions about subjects that cause family screaming matches at the Thanksgiving dinner table (religion, politics, etc.) as you can seldom have a heated argument where one party or the other folds and gives into your opinion. These type arguments should be reserved for food fights at the family table I guess.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 03-09-2022, 02:18 PM   #30
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
My brain started to smoke over this perspective! WHAT? I think I realize your intent to intend on what you realize? Did I get it?

I personally think anyone who unleashes a tire thread should be hunted down and tarred and feathered but I doubt my opinion will be observed by the moderators. Same with the "do I have enuf truck" threads. I am not sure why I keep reading all those threads!

On a serious note, every forum has noobs who will ask the same old questions. Every forum has the same folks who will argue against any logic. Every forum has trolls. Every forum has wise guys. I think this one does a decent job of balancing and would rather not discussions about subjects that cause family screaming matches at the Thanksgiving dinner table (religion, politics, etc.) as you can seldom have a heated argument where one party or the other folds and gives into your opinion. These type arguments should be reserved for food fights at the family table I guess.

To quote Ralphie from A Christmas Story.. “Oh rarely had the words poured from my penny pencil with such feverish fluidity”

Sorry George I was trying to express my thoughts earlier and it clearly didn’t work
Old 03-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #31
Balvar24

Any time I read anything on the internet, I always try to keep in mind that whatever bit of information I've received or opinion I've observed is very likely worth exactly what I've paid for it.

Any time there is a disagreement, one or both parties is wrong.

Anytime there is an offense, it's likely due to a lack of understanding and possibly intelligence on the part of one or both camps involved.

Adult education is a poor paying profession. There's more profit in exploiting the lack thereof. Don't allow someone else to make money off you.

The people who are smart enough to know what they're doing, rarely have enough time to explain it more than once, much less belabor the subject. Just shut up and watch them.

I should probably get back to work.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:26 PM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Fuel prices?????

Your topic above is absolutely a fireball given the right questions/comments. It is not, and should not, be political but it only takes ONE comment and it will go sideways immediately. That is why we have to be on top of all of them. Hopefully you can see and understand how discussing the ups and downs of fuel prices is going to go political. The discussion of pricing, how much, where etc. if great on an RV forum. The inevitable slip into why the pricing is so high then gets redirected to policies, politics etc. - no bueno.

It would be great if everyone kept a level head and polite discourse but in this divided world we live in that doesn't seem possible right now. It's unfortunate and sad but the prime driver in why there has to be oversight on what is being said/posted.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:34 PM   #33
wiredgeorge

Quote:
To quote Ralphie from A Christmas Story.. “Oh rarely had the words poured from my penny pencil with such feverish fluidity”

Sorry George I was trying to express my thoughts earlier and it clearly didn’t work
Well Ralphie, don't shoot your eye out! I am not partial to Christmas movies (my wife starts watching them in the middle of the summer...) but A Christmas Story is a yearly must-watch tradition in our home. I even bought a replica of the Old Man's great looking table lamp which ended up getting broken somehow...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 03-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #34
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Well Ralphie, don't shoot your eye out! I am not partial to Christmas movies (my wife starts watching them in the middle of the summer...) but A Christmas Story is a yearly must-watch tradition in our home. I even bought a replica of the Old Man's great looking table lamp which ended up getting broken somehow...
I have one of those also
Old 03-09-2022, 06:35 PM   #35
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post

Oh yea. Read the New Haven experiments done in the early 60's. Headed by Dr. Stanley Milgram PHD of Yale University. He was trying to find out what made decent people into gestapo gas oven operators. Also known as the Milgram Exeriments. Bad stuff but enlightening.

On another note from the OP about how maybe GD folks might feel "superior" (NO the OP didn't say that it was evolved into that). Well that I cannot understand as I have gone through GDs at RV centers and they appeared to me to be to different than my Keystone. Exact same fittings and furniture.
But I DO have feelings of superiority. After all I have German Shepherds.
Peter Gabriel wrote a song about that = Milgram's 37, it's an interesting subject
"We do what we're told"

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Old 03-10-2022, 03:57 AM   #36
xrated

I haven't owned a Keystone product since very early 2019; I bought a Grand Design Momentum triple axle Toy Hauler in Feb of that year.

Having said that, I still come here because it's a great forum filled with lots and lots of great people that are genuinely interested in helping others. The moderators here, in my experience are well balanced, considerate, and use common sense when they do their job as moderators. It has never seemed like they were any different than the members that are here other than having to do their job and deal with anything that get's outside the forum rules. And even then, they do that with respect and courtesy. Realistically, what more could you ask for.

Most every trailer manufacturer out there uses products that are common to many, many brands, so there are still things that I can learn here....and hopefully things that I can share that I've learned. And even if that weren't the case (it is), it's still a great place because of the people that make up the whole of the forum.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
Old 03-11-2022, 07:27 PM   #37
wegone

Let me come at it from another angle....

I was born with a profound hearing loss, so for me to communicate I had to learn to read lips, body language, eyes, demeanor, etc....

I am one hell of a poker player

The face mask really hampered my ability to communicate.

This format allows me nothing, only written words on a screen, for me to interpret, sarcasm can be hard to detect, as jesting and joking, etc.

Dialoguing can be hard in person, when differing beliefs and views meet from opposite spectrums over any given subject.

Moderators are tasked with trying to keep everyone engaged in a manner that we can all benefit from, so in a sense, they are hampered in this domain with what I am in real life...it can be a struggle, so keeping it simple is the best option to avoid, misunderstandings.

Now, if someone can tell me what I just said, explain it to me, I'd appreciate it
Old 03-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #38
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoobler View Post
Don't know what the GD is.

What's your take on someone with both a Keystone AND a Prius?
I think that's not enough tow vehicle!

Old 03-11-2022, 08:07 PM   #39
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Let me come at it from another angle....

I was born with a profound hearing loss, so for me to communicate I had to learn to read lips, body language, eyes, demeanor, etc....

I am one hell of a poker player

The face mask really hampered my ability to communicate.

This format allows me nothing, only written words on a screen, for me to interpret, sarcasm can be hard to detect, as jesting and joking, etc.

Dialoguing can be hard in person, when differing beliefs and views meet from opposite spectrums over any given subject.

Moderators are tasked with trying to keep everyone engaged in a manner that we can all benefit from, so in a sense, they are hampered in this domain with what I am in real life...it can be a struggle, so keeping it simple is the best option to avoid, misunderstandings.

Now, if someone can tell me what I just said, explain it to me, I'd appreciate it
Although I wasn’t born with a hearing loss, too many years growing up on a farm, working around race cars, and then around jets has given me one. I feel your pain when it comes to the masks. I don’t like wearing my hearing aids and also have learned to read lips and facial expressions. On top of that, communicating a lot by email while I was in the Air Force, you have to keep in mind that others can’t read your facial expressions or hear the tone of your voice in an email. That makes it very easy for someone to misinterpret what you’re saying based on their mood when reading.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:37 AM   #40
Scttw

The top of the line GD Fifth wheels are super nice - we almost went that way instead of Alpine.

As far as people go ...... I see the truckers are often the Trumper's as well so we could easily stereotype folks, but seriously - why bother.
80 x 175 lot
Pics of our Setup
Closed Thread