Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #21
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post

The one distinct feature that has allowed America to thrive and prosper like no other civilization is unfettered free speech.
It is a pillar that holds all of us up together.

Without the 2nd the 1st Amendment would be gone

Driven by greed and power, wealth and more power, it is under assault by ignorance and evil.

The NEWS industry is a drug.
It thrives on addiction and prospers on fear.
Use it wisely.
The Nazi Goring stated the truth when saying 'the easy way to enslave a population is to keep them in fear
God bless America!

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:40 PM   #22
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Just watched a video of the funeral in NYC where the widow spoke. I never saw that many police in one place at one time; was incredible. I suspect Utah was no where near as crazy dangerous as NYC right now for the men and women in blue.
Kinda puts a lump in my throat seeing them all in that cathedral.
Where the 3 Houston cops were shot with the full auto Glock and a drum magazine is somewhat familiar territory. I can't think of a tougher neighborhood in Houston. When I was young my Dad would do his shopping there. I don't recall Mom ever shopping there. But, she would load us cousins up on a summer day for us to catch the 30 Kress bus to go downtown. I wouldn't do that now packing an Uzi. It was tough back then, and it's tougher now.
George Foremans home grounds.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:46 PM   #23
a&j

I was never trying to compare one area of the country or another. All I was saying it hurts to see another LEO die. We do have officers killed here in Utah just like everyplace else in the country. With that said, I’m out!
a&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:37 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&j View Post
I was never trying to compare one area of the country or another. All I was saying it hurts to see another LEO die. We do have officers killed here in Utah just like everyplace else in the country. With that said, I’m out!

If you're speaking about post 19 George made I think he was more referencing the craziness that those types of cities have in their opinions/treatments of LEOs and what that engenders, nothing more IMO.

Police are under siege in many places - ridiculously. The more a place is "bent" in that direction it seems the more folks want to attack them - sad. Utah has some nutsy places as well but being less populated, and less anti police overall is kinda what he was alluding to I'm thinking. I'm not LEO but I have, and have had, lots of friends that are/were and I cringe at what is going on. Just my thoughts and not trying to put words in his mouth.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:54 AM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
If you're speaking about post 19 George made I think he was more referencing the craziness that those types of cities have in their opinions/treatments of LEOs and what that engenders, nothing more IMO.

Police are under siege in many places - ridiculously. The more a place is "bent" in that direction it seems the more folks want to attack them - sad. Utah has some nutsy places as well but being less populated, and less anti police overall is kinda what he was alluding to I'm thinking. I'm not LEO but I have, and have had, lots of friends that are/were and I cringe at what is going on. Just my thoughts and not trying to put words in his mouth.
I meant that law enforcement officers put it on the line everywhere but some locations, such as crowded urban, are likely more dangerous as evidence by the spate of shootings recently. I live in a rural county and our sheriff's deputies put it on the line because there are bad guys making home made pharma products on large tracts of property where you have to go through gates to reach the cookhouses and those places usually have lots of brush cover. Just not as many bad guys willing to take a law enforcement officers life as in places like NYC or Houston I guess. I don't respect anyone who is not pro-law enforcement and maintain my right to voice that and my right to protect myself and mine.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:54 AM   #26
Ram Nation

Living this close to the border and now hearing that our border patrol agents are shooting back at the cartels makes me also wonder where we are headed as a country. Never used to hear about these problems. Now there commonplace daily.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:13 PM   #27
hankpage
Site Team

Copied this from somewhere I can't remember:

"Heaven has a wall, a gate, and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.’'

The folks trying to protect our borders need our prayers and support as do all other law enforcement agencies.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote