Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
davvalh

Lippert Solid Steps

Has any one install the new solid steps on their fifth wheel? If so was it very hard how did you measure your door for them? I have a 2014 Springdale 253 FWRLLS. What size would you recommand?
davvalh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 05:11 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

I would suggest going to the manufacturer’s website and looking at their measuring guidelines.

MorRyde is a similar product, but much better quality based on my personal experience. Their site gives a great step by step guide for measuring and ordering the right model for your specific application.

I would strongly encourage a thorough review of materials, design and construction between the various contenders. I picked the one that my engineering mind thought was the best.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
jfk69

Before you go with the in-door option, check out the Torklift Revolution steps. Easy replacement for the stock steps. Great quality, adjustability and stability. I installed a set this spring and couldn’t be happier.
jfk69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:35 AM   #4
hondapro87

I like the solid steps better then the Moryde steps, the solid steps are wider and deeper then the Moryde
hondapro87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
flyingjack

solid steps X2. Pretty easy install. Confirm correct width.
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #6
vampress_me

I took off the solid steps and installed the Torklift Glowstep Uprising on ours. I did not like the solid steps at all, mainly because they would not work with our deck at our campground. If we had kept them, I would have had to remove them to use the deck and reinstall them every time we took the camper somewhere else. Not my cup of tea (those buggers are seriously heavy!). With the Glowsteps, we can just adjust them for the deck and for wherever else we go. Hubby likes them better because the sides are open for sweeping them off compared to the solid steps. And, they have hubby’s stamp of approval for sturdiness with his Parkinson’s.

So, if anyone up MN way wants a set of solid steps, let me know. I have a set with the gas struts our shed that I would love if they disappeared one day. LOL

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:36 PM   #7
Traindude

This is most likely to late. I also looked into these steps. All in all I think they are a fine product. The draw back I would give you a word of caution about is how you deploy the step. Because you got lower them out of the door way if you are next to another rv or something else you may not be able to get your steps out. For this reason I am going with the torklift steps