Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
rstarr8415

No 12v power when on battery

I have a Hideout with a WF-8900 series converter. I have a fully charged battery and have tested 12v power to the converter on battery power but do not have power to the interior when disconnected from shore power. Another words all 12v power works on shore power doesn’t work on battery power. The two 40 amp fuse show continuity when tested . What am I missing?
rstarr8415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr8415 View Post
I have a Hideout with a WF-8900 series converter. I have a fully charged battery and have tested 12v power to the converter on battery power but do not have power to the interior when disconnected from shore power. Another words all 12v power works on shore power doesn’t work on battery power. The two 40 amp fuse show continuity when tested . What am I missing?
cut off switch... or bad auto-reset breaker..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't think the Hideout came with an OEM battery cutoff switch in 2014, so unless you've added one, that isn't the problem.

I'd suspect there is a faulty (corroded or burned up) DC mini-circuit breaker mounted on the A frame bulkhead of your trailer. Follow the + battery cable from the battery terminal and it will lead you DIRECTLY to the first of two "mini-breakers"... One or both of them are exposed to moisture when towing, so they are "failure prone" and very likely your problem.

They typically have a red plastic cover and look like this photo. All of them are marked with the amperage stamped on the outer case, usually on the bottom where it's protected from fading. Buy replacement mini-breakers and you'll probably fix your issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 VOLT CIRCUIT BREAKERS.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	35454  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, power