Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Bigt47

Dometic Soft Touch Thermostat

Received our new Crossroads Cruiser Aire 27MK and took it out for trial run. Well as expected there are a few tines that will need attention. However, one item has me baffled and that is the Dometic Soft Touch Thermostat. It will run the air conditioner just fine, will also turn on just the fam for air circulation, but it will not turn on the furnace. According to the owners manual a "furnace" symbol should appear using the "mode" button when fan is in "auto" mode. Well this one does not bring up the "furnace" symbol. Anyone else have this problem and what was the fix. Am not a HVAC person and will have the dealer repair it, but wondering what the problem could be.
Thanks ahead for your comments.
Bigt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I believe the Dometic "soft touch" thermostat is the same thing as their "capacitive touch" thermostat. That thermostat is plagued by many, many problems.

If you are using the mode button and the furnace mode never appears it's probably the thermostat (I went thru 4 in short order). I assume you have one thermostat. Just for grins you could pop that face off of it and just use your finger tip on the little pin that sticks up under the mode button and see if that makes any difference. Some folks have had to completely remove the cover and just use their fingers since the "capacitive" part of it seems to be "incapacitated" most of the time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

Contact Dometic and describe your problems. They sent me a new one free and it was well out of waranty. It has been working fine so far. If i have issues again i will replace with a micro air thermostat (but pricey at $250 - so i will wait for trouble).
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Contact Dometic and describe your problems. They sent me a new one free and it was well out of waranty. It has been working fine so far. If i have issues again i will replace with a micro air thermostat (but pricey at $250 - so i will wait for trouble).

^^^^I failed to mention this to the OP. Dometic is WELL aware of the faults in the CT thermostat and will send you a free replacement (or 2). Mine all kept failing until I bought the Micro Air and could not be happier - SUCH and improvement.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic