Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2021, 10:32 AM   #1
Interwebs

Thumbs up 2010 Laredo 266rl wiring diagram

I had bought a 2010 Keystone Laredo 266rl used and trying to get a lay of the land with the wiring and the plumbing of this rig. Someone along the way installed a 2nd rooftop A/C unit where the vent used to be in the rear of the rig. The original apparently stopped working some time ago. Someone has also modified the plumbing system supply lines. Anyone know where one can find documents "as built" by Keystone?
Interwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Keystone does not publish any schematics that the public can access, for that matter even us in the repair facilities can’t access it.

At some point keystone did go to “standardized” color coding for the 12V wiring but I think it way after your year of trailer.

Most of us use a good set of eyes and a multimeter along with a test light. What are you looking for specifically?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #3
Interwebs

When I buy something I want to get as many docs as I can get. I am well versed in 12vdc, 24vdc, 48vdc systems. 120/240vac systems. Solar technologies, along with plumbing. It would just be nice to know where things are located in case of problems. It may come down to doing a rebuild on the RV before going out with it. There is a yellow romex cable coming out of the bottom of the rig with a 15a plug that was not install from the factory. Just some things not making sense at the moment. I will be installing a complete solar electric system so I will be able to boon dock with no issues.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

If your camper has 30A service then the additional Romex may be for the 2nd A/C added. Following the electrical wiring in a camper is difficult as it is convoluted in its paths and hidden for the most part. All things electrical connect to your converter box breaker panel and then the 12VDC converter. From there the electrical wires crawl through the ceiling and under the floor and in the walls. I have a suspicion that the folks who did the wiring were not given a "wiring diagram" but a location of the components to be connected and pretty much did as they like as far as routing. If you have skills, wiring the trailer is not all that tough to figure out as far as the things you can get to.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interwebs View Post
When I buy something I want to get as many docs as I can get. I am well versed in 12vdc, 24vdc, 48vdc systems. 120/240vac systems. Solar technologies, along with plumbing. It would just be nice to know where things are located in case of problems. It may come down to doing a rebuild on the RV before going out with it. There is a yellow romex cable coming out of the bottom of the rig with a 15a plug that was not install from the factory. Just some things not making sense at the moment. I will be installing a complete solar electric system so I will be able to boon dock with no issues.
I can tell you from personal experience: 2 units same model, 1 serial number apart so they came off the line “together”. Wiring and plumbing not the same.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:19 AM   #6
Interwebs

Now that is just Methed up!
Old 08-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interwebs View Post
Now that is just Methed up!
Probably more than you'd ever imagine..... Then add the "ROMEX runs in the ceiling that are not "drilled with a hole saw" but rather are "impacted through the luan ceiling panels with a quick, well placed hammer blow"... Sure, there's rough edges, but what the heck, it'll be covered by a piece of plastic molding, so who cares. (saves the line worker 30 seconds, so it's a "justified shortcut")....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo, wiring, wiring diagram