Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2021, 08:57 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Toilet habits seem to elicit religious fervor! Thanks to all who have shared their intimate toilet peculiarities. What other RV forum has such civil discourse on topics that are unsavory and of little interest to most! Well... guess this thread has wiped me out.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Toilet habits seem to elicit religious fervor! Thanks to all who have shared their intimate toilet peculiarities. What other RV forum has such civil discourse on topics that are unsavory and of little interest to most! Well... guess this thread has wiped me out.
Single ply or 2 ply wipe 🤔
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

I belive this thread has been "stained" beyond redemption.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:56 AM   #24
Ken / Claudia

Talking

I am learning how to use my phone's video. I think I will film my toilet usage and share it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I am learning how to use my phone's video. I think I will film my toilet usage and share it.

Now that right there might be some "interesting" viewing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #26
LHaven

Quote:
You'll probably elicit the same reaction I did when I suggested using my Harbor Freight "industrial proctoscope" for debugging a black tank problem.

Speaking of which, it has been getting a great workout this week as I attempt to fish a length of Romex from the nearest GFI plug to the microwave cabinet to add an outlet on the stove side of the kitchen for the portable induction cooktop. Required holing a wall through an existing false cabinet bottom. Exhausting, and not finished. (Would have been so much easier just to tap the microwave outlet inside the box, but was afraid the microwave itself was already maxing out the breaker.)
Old 08-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #27
Badbart56

Dang, you guys are funny! Well, not so much haha funny but....well, you know.....

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #28
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I'll "pass" pun intended.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #29
Camp CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlemonier View Post
I am looking for solutions for a 5th wheel with two black tanks, both appear to have sensors showing 2/3 full after dumping. I do not know the capacity of the tanks or ideas as to how to clean the sensors effectively. I just parked the rig for two weeks. Suggestions?
The sensors are unreliable so never use them. To confirm the tank capacity connect a inexpensive turbine "totalizing" flowmeter to your black tank flush hose and fill each tank. That is what I use to meter 15-20 gallons of water into the black tank prior to use. There are many ways to attempt to clean the sensors such as connecting a wand to the end of hose and drop it into the black tank.

https://www.amazon.com/rv-black-tank...lack+tank+wand

https://www.loveyourrv.com/rv-tank-f...er-flow-meter/
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:52 AM   #30
DrSmart1

I haven't installed this but others have. Seelevel II.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...-tank-monitor/

Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #31
WDPatterson

The gurgle in the bottom of the shower drain does it for me... I've learned not to wait long, after that.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:16 AM   #32
Farside

With all this conversation, and I do have the same problems periodically. But, fill, drain, rinse and repeat a couple of times usually solves the issue. Since I'm a DIY Inganeer by heart, I'm wondering if there is a way to make some type of float mechanism that can measure the water level in that tank and still prevent waste buildup on it.
Farside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:26 AM   #33
{tpc}

The real question that I can't stop asking myself, is what do you do when a friend uses your bathroom to wash their hands but grabs the wrong towel by mistake? Do you tell them? Offer purell? Usher them out the door of the camper? Inquiring minds want to know!

As for the sensors, when I had my keystone, the black tank light worked great on the first trip. I emptied the tank, and it read empty, and proceeding to read empty ever since then. I've never encountered the "burp" but I don't want to encounter it. The new trailer is pretty consistent on hanging up on 1/3 full, but every so often I can get it to read empty.

I also put about 2-4 gallons in the tank after dumping, along with a pod. Seems to help with everything the next time I step on the flusher a few weeks or longer down the road. I used to use the thetford pods, but lately found them not effective. Switched to ones called odorlos and they seem to work really well.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
The real question that I can't stop asking myself, is what do you do when a friend uses your bathroom to wash their hands but grabs the wrong towel by mistake? Do you tell them? Offer purell? Usher them out the door of the camper? Inquiring minds want to know!

As for the sensors, when I had my keystone, the black tank light worked great on the first trip. I emptied the tank, and it read empty, and proceeding to read empty ever since then. I've never encountered the "burp" but I don't want to encounter it. The new trailer is pretty consistent on hanging up on 1/3 full, but every so often I can get it to read empty.

I also put about 2-4 gallons in the tank after dumping, along with a pod. Seems to help with everything the next time I step on the flusher a few weeks or longer down the road. I used to use the thetford pods, but lately found them not effective. Switched to ones called odorlos and they seem to work really well.
Be careful using "pods". They're convenient, but the plastic covering that is "supposed to dissolve" doesn't always completely "fade away" and those "sticky, plastic globs" have a nasty way of hanging up in the rubber seals in the dump valve. Once they do, they don't bode well next year (after drying out all winter while the trailer is in storage)..... If you feel you "must use pods", I'd urge you to remove the "dissolving film" before tossing them into the black tank.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #35
spade117

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Be careful using "pods". They're convenient, but the plastic covering that is "supposed to dissolve" doesn't always completely "fade away" and those "sticky, plastic globs" have a nasty way of hanging up in the rubber seals in the dump valve. Once they do, they don't bode well next year (after drying out all winter while the trailer is in storage)..... If you feel you "must use pods", I'd urge you to remove the "dissolving film" before tossing them into the black tank.....
If/when I use the "pods", I usually cut the plastic off at a corner and pour the contents in and then just toss the plastic in the garbage.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade117 View Post
If/when I use the "pods", I usually cut the plastic off at a corner and pour the contents in and then just toss the plastic in the garbage.
If I used pods, that's what I would do also. I'm "cheap" when it comes to "donating my money to manufacturers" so I just don't buy the "double or triple priced pods"... The "orange liquid" has worked to keep any odor abated, I don't worry about "tank sensor cleanliness or function". A "splash of deodorant" after dumping and rinsing the tank and I'm "good to go again" (pun intended)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #37
Davfb69

When you flush and the toilet burns it’s time to drain.
Davfb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:15 AM   #38
James R Moneypenny

Quit flushing toilet paper. It routinely adheres to the sensors. We did this and never had another sensor issue.

JRM
James R Moneypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R Moneypenny View Post
Quit flushing toilet paper. It routinely adheres to the sensors. We did this and never had another sensor issue.

JRM
That becomes a "purely personal preference"... My DW would NEVER (did I mention she wouldn't allow it) agree to "smeared TP in the trashcan in the bathroom any more than she's allow me to store my night crawlers and crickets in the refrigerator..... Some things, people (depending on their preference) simply WILL NOT CONSDER... <emphasis on the "will not">

TP goes in the toilet or we don't use the toilet..... PERIOD... Just ask DW.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 08-12-2021, 12:25 PM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
That becomes a "purely personal preference"... My DW would NEVER (did I mention she wouldn't allow it) agree to "smeared TP in the trashcan in the bathroom any more than she's allow me to store my night crawlers and crickets in the refrigerator..... Some things, people (depending on their preference) simply WILL NOT CONSDER... <emphasis on the "will not">

TP goes in the toilet or we don't use the toilet..... PERIOD... Just ask DW.....

It's the same here. I'm sure you've already done it but that's when the 2nd "MY" fridge comes in. Started of with just an apt. sized fridge for the above kind of items. That's expanded now to 2 "MY" fridges.......
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank