Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
PatriotPastor

Show me your stickers!

We just got our first TT - looking forward to putting stickers of the places we go on it. I made a simple rule if the camper stayed overnight someplace it could have a sticker from it.

Now make me jealous and show me your stickers!
PatriotPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:33 PM   #2
roadglide

The women of camper collects postcards plastered everywhere on the refrigerator and sliding glass door. I sit on the recliner and think about all the places we have travel . I collect patches.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:32 AM   #3
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPastor View Post
We just got our first TT - looking forward to putting stickers of the places we go on it. I made a simple rule if the camper stayed overnight someplace it could have a sticker from it.

My wife and I get refrigerator magnets from places we go. Keep them at home. I would put the stickers on a window because they might look terrible after a couple of seasons and may not be easily removed form the side of rv if that’s what your plan is.
It’s like the cars with all of the bumper stickers plastered all over. A lot of work to clean up the paint if and when you sell.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:38 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Look at my signature. I don’t put stickers on my trailer.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:06 AM   #5
Crischan

Quote:

We put a map on our trailer to reflect the places we have been as a family with the camper. We also do magnets for some our a favorite places inside the trailer. Love sitting at the campfire looking at the map remembering the great trips we have taken. My problem is that I keep going to the same areas! Colorado this Summer for the 4th time for example...lol

Enjoy filling up your map!

Chris

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 Diesel
2021 Bullet 290BHS
Crischan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:53 AM   #6
jxnbbl

We started putting stickers on the places we stay 3+ nights...running out of room on the bumper already after two long trips. Probably going the map route soon.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #7
JDDilly

We also have the map with all the states we have visited. When we started this 25+ years ago, we decided to place the state on the map if we visited sites in the state (Walmart doesn't count). As time went on, we have spent at least one night in all the states we have posted.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
travelin texans

I placed the map on a piece of plexiglass & hung it from 3m Command hooks on the inside of the door between the door & screen. By doing this we were able to use it on 3 different rvs over 10+ years of fulltiming. If we spent the night that state got a sticker, I think we made 32-34 states total.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #9
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crischan View Post
We put a map on our trailer to reflect the places we have been as a family with the camper. We also do magnets for some our a favorite places inside the trailer. Love sitting at the campfire looking at the map remembering the great trips we have taken. My problem is that I keep going to the same areas! Colorado this Summer for the 4th time for example...lol

Enjoy filling up your map!
Chris, Chris, Chris, you've been to Colorado 3 times and never to Maine? Life is short. Dump those Colorado plans to go see the same old mountains and try Maine where they actually know what a scallop is. And next year south to Louisiana!
You're too damned skinny from visiting states like Colorado. You need to step on up to places where there are great things to see plus culinary delights.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #10
kneeslider

sorry all my travel stickers are on my motorcycle!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:27 AM   #11
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I placed the map on a piece of plexiglass & hung it from 3m Command hooks on the inside of the door between the door & screen. By doing this we were able to use it on 3 different rvs over 10+ years of fulltiming. If we spent the night that state got a sticker, I think we made 32-34 states total.

This is a good idea. Are there any other methods of 'transferring' the travel map between trailers? Although we bought new this year we are evaluating trailers with a true (with a door) bunk house that can sleep 4+ at a time...without getting a new TV. With covid, we were lucky to get what we did but Fort Wilderness with the grandkids could have been better it they truly had their own space.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:08 AM   #12
Stevensmith2859

Quote:

We used to do that on our 2015, but now with our new 2020, I buy a magnet and put it on the outdoor kitchen fridge for every campground we spend an overnight.

2020 Nights Camped: 18
2021 Nights Camped: 31
2022 Nights Camped (So Far) :27 with 6 more on the books!
Stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:18 AM   #13
Crischan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Chris, Chris, Chris, you've been to Colorado 3 times and never to Maine? Life is short. Dump those Colorado plans to go see the same old mountains and try Maine where they actually know what a scallop is. And next year south to Louisiana!
You're too damned skinny from visiting states like Colorado. You need to step on up to places where there are great things to see plus culinary delights.
Oh, Maine is on the list for sure. My older boys are both in Colorado this Summer so it a must do...better half said so.

Chris

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 Diesel
2021 Bullet 290BHS
Crischan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:07 AM   #14
Dadwoolery

We have a map for the states we visit (has suction cups to put on the window), but the DW collects hat/lapel pins from everywhere we go. I took an old printers tray and put foam in the compartments and she sticks the pins in the foam. When we get home it hangs on the wall.
2000 Ford F350 DRW, 7.3 Powerstroke
Dadwoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #15
barterry46

US Map and stickers

We have our map stuck to our slide-out where weather will not bother it most of the time (in storage, on the road, etc.). When we got our latest camper we just purchased a new map/stickers then filled in where we had been with the old camper. We only add a sticker if we have spent the night in a state; although we have been tempted to count the states we drove through and visited a site or two. Sticking with only if we spend a night for now.
barterry46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:30 PM   #16
cliff

Stickers vs magnets

We get magnets. When we went across the Golden Gate we bought a fridge magnet of the bridge. We went to a pleasant historical town of Oatman, AZ. No state sticker will remind us of those. I cut a thin sheet of steel and painted it black. Here's a look. Sorry it's upside dow,.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180820_115649.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	34349  
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote