Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
Sparke

Just Gross

So this happens to me.
So here I am at the dump station doing my dump thing and here comes this guy with his little travel trailer. No problem so far being there’s two spots and as far as dump stations go this one’s a beauty, high curbs, clean and a water spigot to clean up. Pretty sweet really, you know as far as poop disposal can go. But I digress. So here comes my new friend at the dump station, he’s motoring in kinda fast and bounces his little trailer over the curb and lines up his poop disposal tube over the curbed area and pulls the freaking handle! No hose just straight on poop and pee splashing freely about. I almost puked!
I’m about 3 feet from this little party and jump back and look at this clown and mention “hose” with a question. He just shrugs his shoulders.
Needless to say I was out of there even quicker then usual and warned my friends who were coming in shortly.
In his defense my friends said he did clean up all the remnants and had everything pretty well cleaned up.
Always something!
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Full hook ups!!! I don’t have to see any of that crap.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Full hook ups!!! I don’t have to see any of that crap.
10-4 me too..
Old 05-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Two weeks ago I observed a guy in a full hook up site packing up to leave. He dumped his tanks, disconnected his shiney new white water hose, then stuck it INSIDE the stinky slinkey to fush it out. I literally gaged and almost threw up. It takes all kinds.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #5
notanlines

Marshall, he just wanted to.....naw, it's just too nasty to even make a funny. Nothing funny about that.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:19 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

A couple weeks ago, I drove into a place to dump near home. 1 vehicle at the only dump spot. 1 guy was using the hose at the dump site. The one that says non potable water. To hose off the under side of RV. He was washing off black tank debris, TP and all. Another guy standing there and he took his turn, down on his knee's near the pipe connection in the ground to get a better aim I imagine. His knees were wet in black tank runoff when he stood. While the other guy rolls up the poop tube. They hosed down all the stuff into the open sewer hole and left. No gloves, no washing hands, no wiping hands on pants/shirt. They shook their hands to dry them. #2 guy was talking on his cell phone before he climbed in the truck.
I half expected to see the driver picking his nose and eating what came out as they u turned and drove to the street. I will imagine they were talking about where to stop and eat.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:03 PM   #7
vampress_me

That’s about like the camper that was at the dirt bike track by us a few years ago. He pulls out onto the highway headed south with his TT as I’m headed north in my car. He must have pulled his black tank valve before getting on the highway, because it was flowing out - chunks and all on the road as I drove by him. The sad part is, I’ve seen the wet chunky streaks on the road prior times to this after there have been races there, but never knew what the marks were from. Now I wish I didn’t know! People are disgusting!

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:21 AM   #8
Laredo Tugger

There was a recent thread about the "entertainment" factor of new RV owners in campgrounds. I notice (at this post time) that 6 of the 16 most recent post on this forum are new owners. No, not all new owners behave this way but if you do not ask, understand or care then you get this result.
With the recent major surge in sales of RVs and (as one Canadian put it) "the border opening" , this summer sounds as if it is going to be very interesting in campgrounds across America. Just a note to my northern friend, our southern border is "open". I know, different topic......
Anyway, I will not be on the road (with the RV) this summer and I am beginning to realize this might be a good thing.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:08 AM   #9
Ken / Claudia

Monday/Tuesday we camped 35 miles from home just to enjoy a lake and campground. I spoke to a nice campground maintenance worker. She said loves her job, been doing it for years. She realized all the new people now RVing. First said she said was she wished they would learn how to back up. 20 to 45 minutes to back up into a nice wide spot at times. This campground has mostly double wide sites so people can park extra vehicles or mostly boats in the site. Same guy backed over a steel post sign on 2 attempt's, they have replaced and repaired RV plug in posts. Last week after nearly an hour a couple asked her to back in there R-pod. She did, but was not suppose to. That's just this year, season started in March.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:30 AM   #10
Crischan

Literally!
Crischan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:10 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

And this thread is precisely why NOTHING that touches the ground around a dump station will ever go "into my trailer storage spaces"....

It doesn't matter (to me) whether it's a "dripping sewer hose" or the "rubbermaid container with all the sewer stuff locked inside"....

When the guy before you at the dump station does this kind of "filthy disgusting contamination of public space" and you then "drive up and pull your "rubbermaid container out of the storage compartment, sit in in the wet poo and take the lid off to connect your dump connection".... Well, think about where you're going to "slide that rubbermaid bucket when you finish dumping".... It doesn't matter whether the hose is INSIDE the trailer dripping your poo or whether the container is INSIDE your trailer "dripping the other guy's poo".... The point is that YOUR storage compartment floor is "smeared with poo"....

From a "infection control perspective" this thread is a PRIME MOTIVATOR for anyone who thinks through what happens at a dump station to add an OUTSIDE STORAGE DEVICE for all of their sewer dumping components....

There should NEVER be anything that's wet with poo placed back inside the trailer.....

But yet, someone will post (or think to themselves), "But I always rinse off the bottom of my rubbermaid container before putting it back inside my trailer".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:21 AM   #12
LHaven

OK, now I'm curious. If you don't put it into your storage spaces, where do you put it? Or do you have a Hogwarts incantation that just levitates all your stuff while at the dump station?
Old 05-27-2021, 07:49 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
And this thread is precisely why NOTHING that touches the ground around a dump station will ever go "into my trailer storage spaces"....

It doesn't matter (to me) whether it's a "dripping sewer hose" or the "rubbermaid container with all the sewer stuff locked inside"....

When the guy before you at the dump station does this kind of "filthy disgusting contamination of public space" and you then "drive up and pull your "rubbermaid container out of the storage compartment, sit in in the wet poo and take the lid off to connect your dump connection".... Well, think about where you're going to "slide that rubbermaid bucket when you finish dumping".... It doesn't matter whether the hose is INSIDE the trailer dripping your poo or whether the container is INSIDE your trailer "dripping the other guy's poo".... The point is that YOUR storage compartment floor is "smeared with poo"....

From a "infection control perspective" this thread is a PRIME MOTIVATOR for anyone who thinks through what happens at a dump station to add an OUTSIDE STORAGE DEVICE for all of their sewer dumping components....

There should NEVER be anything that's wet with poo placed back inside the trailer.....

But yet, someone will post (or think to themselves), "But I always rinse off the bottom of my rubbermaid container before putting it back inside my trailer".....

^^^And that is precisely one of the major reasons you won't ever find me at a public dump station. Spent many a weekend at state parks then watched the mass exodus of drunks "trying" to dump their RV tanks in some of the craziest ways you can imagine. Some acted like 4 year olds playing in a little splash pool. The only thing I have to worry about is a little sand on the hose or little plastic trestle if it rains.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
That’s about like the camper that was at the dirt bike track by us a few years ago. He pulls out onto the highway headed south with his TT as I’m headed north in my car. He must have pulled his black tank valve before getting on the highway, because it was flowing out - chunks and all on the road as I drove by him. The sad part is, I’ve seen the wet chunky streaks on the road prior times to this after there have been races there, but never knew what the marks were from. Now I wish I didn’t know! People are disgusting!
Lynette, people dumping all around a dump station is one thing but your description is much worse IMO. I can't get the visual out of my head and may be mentally warped going forward. To make it worse, yesterday I was wiping what I thought was maybe some road tar or something off the side of DW's blizzard pearl white SUV. Now, I'm not so sure it was road tar
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #15
jim1

A few years ago we had the pleasure of watching couple with their brand new TT get set up in a campground close to us. Power and water only and a dump station on the way out. As they were setting up they got into a argument about the tanks, he said the handles had to stay closed, she said they had to be open or nothing would go into the tanks because thats what the salesman said. Argument ended when she pulled the black and grey handles. I'm glad I didn't offer my advise because they couldn't agree on anything all weekend. I informed my bride we were leaving bright and early Sunday before our new RV'er neighbours. It would have been fun to stick around and watch the s**t show when they went to use the dump and pulled the cap off the pipe eewwe!! Just happy we left first.
Retired-Lovin' 7 Saturdays a week!!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:01 AM   #16
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
He must have pulled his black tank valve before getting on the highway, because it was flowing out - chunks and all on the road as I drove by him.
"What? It's not litter! It's biodegradable!"
Old 05-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
OK, now I'm curious. If you don't put it into your storage spaces, where do you put it? Or do you have a Hogwarts incantation that just levitates all your stuff while at the dump station?
I installed a 6" vinyl fence post cover UNDER my trailer. I then added an 8' section of vinyl rain gutter (as a drawer liner) inside that square tube. It's all "suspended under the trailer" and when I need to dump, I pull the drawer out about 2', get the sewer hose and fittings out of the tube, connect it and dump, then put it all back inside the square tube that's UNDER (not inside) the trailer...

Of course, I do store the gloves in the storage compartment. First step is to open the storage compartment, get a pair of gloves. Second step is to close the storage compartment and then pull the drawer out of the square tube...

As for Hogwarts Incantation that just levitates, if I had that, I'd apply it to the shoes I wear around any dump stations.... Note I said, "SHOES" not "SANDALS"..... YECHT !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0626.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	33813  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #18
flybouy
Site Team

As for Hogwarts Incantation that just levitates, if I had that, I'd apply it to the shoes I wear around any dump stations.... Note I said, "SHOES" not "SANDALS"..... YECHT !!!!!

That would be my second use, first use would be levitating the trailer There's only a few campgrounds that we stay at that does jot have full hook ups. At one they have a "honey wagon". I'll gladly pay the $8 or so to have them do it. When we go there and have to use the dump I put on disposable shoe covers. Maybe it's overkill but for $8 for 100 of them on Amazon I think it's worth the 16 cents for a pair of them. YMMV
Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #19
Javi

And yet I sometimes have to clean the toilets at the plant. ��
Old 05-27-2021, 10:54 AM   #20
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
And yet I sometimes have to clean the toilets at the plant. ��
I have no issue cleaning a toilet. If the floor is used instead of the toilet then I'd find out who did that and have a "conversation" with that individual.