Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2021, 03:52 AM   #1
Flapjack

333fks

Looking to learn a little about the sprinter 333 Fks grey water tanks . I’m
Thinking there are two tanks for grey on this model but I am new to RV and not sure . Who is familiar with this model ? Thanks in advance !
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:45 AM   #2
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN. You can probably look those specs up online pretty easy.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
Flapjack

You would think so but there’s not a lot of info in this model.. I have done some research and specs say 1 tank but there are two tanks on panel and two sensors both w different level readings .. no where do I see a second grey gate valve .
Old 03-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

When asking RV specific questions the more info provided about the unit the better folks can reply. You might add that to your signature line so it is always there for anyone to see.

Your trailer will have 3 tanks; 1 34 gal. black and 2 34 gal. grey. You said you can't find a grey valve. Where did you find the others? Were they next to each other (black and grey)? Have you looked inside the frame rail near the tires? Look for a little silver handle sticking thru the side of the frame....
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #5
Flapjack

333 fks

Awwww shoot I see the other valve in the frame beam rail.. is tucked up there .. that opens one grey into the other I assume ? Thanks for the info u def are a help if in fact that’s correct
Old 03-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

How many sewer outlets do you have where you attach the sewer hose - 1 or 2? Most have 1, some have 2. If one, which I figure, when you pull the dump handle, it opens that specific tank and lets it drain while the other 2 handles are closed; all closed to start with; dump black tank and rinse if you choose to (I do) - close handle, dump galley tank (my method and the one thru the rail on your trailer) - close handle then dump the bath gray tank and close that handle. Wait a few days until they are full and do it again. The grey tanks don't drain into each other.

The order on the grey tanks is really by preference. I've done it the other way as well. To some the galley tank smells more than the shower water tank. I dump the non galley grey tank last because I then leave it open to run the clothes washer.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
Flapjack

Thanks a ton!!!!
Old 03-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #8
Gary R.

First of all, Flapjack, welcome to the forum!

Our Alpine has three tanks, one black and two grey. The black and rear grey tank valve pulls are located thru the frame, on the left, just ahead of the tires. The other grey tank valve pull is in the water "convenience center", not a very convenient location. There is not a whole lot of room to grab the handle and pull.

In any event, enjoy the Sprinter and take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:32 AM   #9
Flapjack

Gary thanks a bunch for the info .. 👍
Old 03-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
Flapjack

Sprinter 333 fks

So I guess there is still some confusion.. I have two hose connnections on this camper .. one in front w a black handle / one in back w a grey handle .. in between these tanks is a pull handle running through the frame .. there are two grey tanks and when hooked to the grey valve hose connection no matter what valves are open I can’t seem to get the grey tank label as number 2 to empty .. I don’t want to open black water valve as I feel it should have. I thing to do w grey water tank empties ... am I missing something here ?? When I have grey valve open and then open valve going through the frame I only get a little bit more gray flush but really nothing and tank reads 2/3 full still ..
Old 03-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Some things;

Are those pull handles labeled? Maybe on the side of the trailer J panel? They are notorious for being mislabeled. Using the "gauges" inside can also be misleading.....they are prone to failure and reading wrong.

I would connect both outlets to sewer hoses, connect them both together with a Y and a single hose to the sewer dump. Put clear connections on the ends of the sewer outlets on the trailer and a clear one on the end of the hose going into the sewer dump. Close all valves then put 5 gals into the toilet. Go outside and pull the handles until 5 gals. comes out....that's the black tank flush. Do the same into the kitchen sink and the shower. Pull the remaining handles each time until all 3 are identified....label them. Then leave the valves open until each tank is completely drained. You now know what valve controls what tank and that they are all empty.

Below is a link to the trailer. At the 1 minute mark you can see both sewer outlets. It appears the one on the right has a label on the J panel, does yours?

Old 03-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #12
Flapjack

333fks

So they are labeled white and black but the black label is above the grey valve and I’m getting grey water from that .. there is only one grey gate valve and one black gate valve .. the one through the frame is a different style and metal handle vs plastic .. out of the grey valve I’m not getting both tanks emptied and I have yet to pull the black valve open .. the black valve up front should have nothing to do w the gray tanks I would assume .. so then the gauges must be stuck or reading wrong because all other valves have been open w only clear / grey water .. crappy set up no pun Intended
Old 03-26-2021, 10:58 AM   #13
Flapjack

I guess a good question would be ... cannot is it common to have a grey tank plumbed to a black gate valve perhaps ? The one in the frame shuts off toilet from reaching that valve ? That would not make sense because then u could not flick the black tank pipe w grey of that has to drain first
Old 03-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #14
Flapjack

I mean Flush sorry doing this on my phone snd can’t see ****
Old 03-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #15
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
So they are labeled white and black but the black label is above the grey valve and I’m getting grey water from that .. there is only one grey gate valve and one black gate valve .. the one through the frame is a different style and metal handle vs plastic .. out of the grey valve I’m not getting both tanks emptied and I have yet to pull the black valve open .. the black valve up front should have nothing to do w the gray tanks I would assume .. so then the gauges must be stuck or reading wrong because all other valves have been open w only clear / grey water .. crappy set up no pun Intended
Looking at your floorplan... the rear sewer hose terminator should be for the bath grey water and toilet black tank. and the front 3" terminator should be your galley tank..
Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 AM   #16
jasin1

Picture is worth a thousand.. can you post pictures of everything in question? It may make it easier..the more photos the better
Old 03-26-2021, 11:20 AM   #17
Flapjack

Well if that’s the case the front has a black valve and the rear a grey valve .. very confusing setup ... so back tank is being dumped through a grey valve . I would have thought for sure it was the black valve up front that did the toilet .. either they messed up w the colors or it has been changed prior to me .. that would make the labels correct then ...
Old 03-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #18
Flapjack

Best with me I will take some photos
Old 03-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #19
travelin texans

A couple of disclaimers, the color of the pull handles may mean nothing other than that's the color of the pull, not necessarily what it should drain. Also the sensors are notorious for being absolutely useless, always have been always will be, as to the amount in the tanks.
I'd follow sourdough's suggestions & then you'll know what's what.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #20
Flapjack

333fks

Good to know !! Yes ure right that’s exactly what I’m gonna do .. thanks again ..