Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
Karen & Heather

Unhappy 2021 Carbon36

Im just going to put this out here. Never bought a brand new RV this size. I am surprized at the number of issues that have had to be fixed, replaced, etc. Some are just design flaws, some were damage from...? maybe transport? I am a bit miffed and more than a little dissapointed as I had though Keystone to be a better quality than this.
Just saying.
Karen & Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

All RVs can come with "defects"....and usually do. Keystone makes one of the better ones and definitely does when compared to other units at the same price point. Any damage to the unit is not a Keystone issue, that would be on the dealer and buyer to rectify before taking possession.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Maybe a list of "things that had to be fixed, replaced or etc" would shed some light on the issues...

Some people complain about "a screw was loose" or "there were two staples that weren't covered by putty" or " When they cleaned the trailer there were "brush marks left on the ceiling"... and then there are other people who complain about "there were two tires shredded" or "the rear window fell out" or "the water heater was never connected to the propane system"....

Putting things "in perspective" helps anyone reading your posts to understand "what" the problems were and gives a much better understanding of whether the post is "complaining about something significant" or "making much to do about what we all find as normal RV issues"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
Big 417

Trust me, they are all like that. We're on our 3rd keystone product. All have been brand new. They've all had similar issues that needed attention. Especially after the first year bouncing down the road.

Some things the dealer should fix, if you can commit to leaving your unit there for an extended stay lol.

Some trim will fall off, take some liquid nails and glue it on. The Brad's don't hold. You'll need an assortment of touch up markets. The doors might need some tweaking/alignment. All easy things to do once you get comfortable with it. Take and put a dab of silicone on the back of the screws that hold your plastic fender flares on, stops them from rattling out.

Ignore the mess of pipes and wires behind the panels, they're all like that.

But I will say this, I've never had a drawer, cupboard or things of that nature fail. And I can't say the same for some other brands.

Tha appliances, yeah one might fail premature, but that's not on keystone. All the manufacturers use 1 of 2 brands.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #5
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 417 View Post
Trust me, they are all like that. We're on our 3rd keystone product. All have been brand new. They've all had similar issues that needed attention. Especially after the first year bouncing down the road.

Some things the dealer should fix, if you can commit to leaving your unit there for an extended stay lol.

Some trim will fall off, take some liquid nails and glue it on. The Brad's don't hold. You'll need an assortment of touch up markets. The doors might need some tweaking/alignment. All easy things to do once you get comfortable with it. Take and put a dab of silicone on the back of the screws that hold your plastic fender flares on, stops them from rattling out.

Ignore the mess of pipes and wires behind the panels, they're all like that.

But I will say this, I've never had a drawer, cupboard or things of that nature fail. And I can't say the same for some other brands.

Tha appliances, yeah one might fail premature, but that's not on keystone. All the manufacturers use 1 of 2 brands.
This is a very accurate depiction of new RV ownership! Echo this on my 3 new trailers.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote