Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
GarrettCougar24

Wet floor by bed.

I just purchased a used 2011 24ft cougar travel trailer (24RKSWE). Experienced a wet floor on the left side of our bed and the under bed storage area. We filled the fresh water tank and drove about an hour to camp for the long weekend. Emptied all the tanks except the 1/3 that was still I. The fresh water tank. No issues until I got back home and was cleaning out the trailer and my socks got a little wet. I took the bed and support out, as well as the box covering the water pump. And have been turning the pump on and off And running water for a few days now and the issue hasn’t returned again. No water around the pump or the carpet surrounding. The only thing I haven’t done yet that we did while camping was use the outside shower. Will try that tonight.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?
GarrettCougar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #2
Rick

Was the toilet bowl emptied completely before towing? Might’ve splashed out from there. I had that problem the 1st time I towed. Now prior to towing, I shut off the 12v pump (and/or remove city water), drain the toilet bowl and relieve the water pressure. Then, just before driving off I empty the bowl again. That fixed the problem.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #3
Mastrblastr

I'm guessing that you were using tank water all weekend and weren't connected to city water? Check the hoses on the pressure side of your pump. If they're loose, tighten them a bit but don't get too carried away with how tight you crank them. If you still had pressure in the system when you left to go home, the jiggling around that EVERYTHING does in a TT may have leaked out a bit of water when your water lines move. I always relieve the pressure on my system before I travel to minimize any leakage issues. Also might want to check the seals in those fittings on the pressure side as they are almost 10 years old.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
GarrettCougar24

I will try to relieve the pressure and make sure no water In toilet. I thought for sure I ran the bathroom sink after I turned the pump off. Anyways, thanks for the advise. I will continue to test and trouble shoot next weekend when we head out again.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:06 AM   #5
skids

I had an issue with my FloJet pump because the check valve wasn’t cutting off back flow. I hooked-up city water and it overfilled the FW tank, and water was coming out of the overflow. I noticed (lucky) that the band clamp was allowing leakage at the top of the corrugated hose. I really dont think it was under any sort of pressure.

Tags
bed, floor, wet