Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
tech740

Slide carpet issue

How do I fix this? I have tried Gorilla mounting tape but when the slide is extended the slide carpet rubs against the carpet on the floor and causes it to come loose. When the slides are in there is no way to get a stapler or brad nailer in the area to pin it to the bottom of the slide. Does doing the repair correctly mean the dealer has to remove the slide? It is under warranty but I would rather just fix it at home if it is simple enough.

Thanks
RJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedcarpet_LI.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	984.8 KB
ID:	26630  

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

It looks similar to mine. One end on mine foils under. I just pull it out straight and flat after the slide is open. I tried using a putty knife to push it down and back in place. The next time the slide was moved it did the same again. I also have marks on the carpet like your photo and thought of having it fixed under warranty, but it wore a little and no more. Really it's just drag marks, after 7 years I cannot say it got worse then after using the slide on the 1st trip.
My opinion is if you want that flap of carpet fixed you would need to attach it under the slide floor/wall. The slide will likely need to be removed. That's too much work for me when I can correct it with a little tug after the slide is open.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, slide