Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
LittleJoe

325SRX Weights just some FYI

This past weekend , I had occasion to stop at a small unmanned scale that is usually always on. The scale is only big enough to get both trailer axles on at a time.

The trailer was loaded as per our normal camping gear which in terms of living necessities is fairly light compared to some I have seen All holding tanks were empty.

The Concours was in garage as well as associated gear, camping chairs,and 2 bicycles.

Axle weight was right at 4800lbs per axle. Right side axles carried 200 lbs more than left side. Truck was carrying about 2300-2400 pin weight. Total weight of rig was 20100lbs. trailer added 500lbs to front axle weight of unladen truck.

After running about 75 miles on 2lane hwy at 60mph =/- I checked tire temp , and all trailer tires were =/- 120F. Rear duals on truck were same, front were 140 F. 80psi in trailer, 50psi in duals, 80psi in steer tires.

If I had a full fresh water tank, I would be sitting right about the 12000lb GVWR rating on trailer.

So in a nut shell, it would be very easy to overload this trailer.
It pulled well and I attained a reasonable 13.2 mpg over approx 160miles return trip.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
smiller

Thanks fore the numbers LittleJoe. I find them interesting because you are about 2,000 lbs. over the empty weight of my 325SRX (meaning hooked up and ready for travel, but empty.) If your Concours weighs maybe 600 lbs. then that's 1400 lbs of other stuff, packing light? They say it creeps up quickly and I guess they are right.

I haven't had mine weighed yet when full and bike in back... will be interesting to see what the numbers turn out to be.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
LittleJoe

I estimate that the garage probably has 850 or 900 lbs in it with chairs, bike gear,bicycles and such. I have not been loading the BMW in sig as it is 200lbs heavier and 1st gear way to tall without coming up with some ramp mods to reduce angle .

I do know that when we changed trailers we did not put near as much stuff back in this one as what we took out of the Sunnybrook.

I am glad they upgraded the tires to 16,s.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
smiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I have not been loading the BMW in sig as it is 200lbs heavier and 1st gear way to tall without coming up with some ramp mods to reduce angle.
Yeah, same thing with my R1100RT, just too hairy without a ramp extension. Glad to hear that it's not just me . There are guys that just charge forward and ride 'em up at speed but I'm not one of them.

I've been loading my DRZ400S back there... light enough to easily walk up the ramp under power, and only about 300 lbs. or so.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote