Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
chrisinkanata

Cracked shower floor

The floor of the shower in our 28' Laredo has what appears to be a crack in it. I can't see that any water is leaking out when we use it but it certainly will get to that point sooner rather than later. We recently had a leak in the fresh water tank that was removed and 'plastic welded'. Works perfectly now. Any idea if these shower floor pans can be repaired like this or has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Chris
chrisinkanata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
C1v1leng

We had the same problem with our last 5ver. The shower pan cracked where the drain pipe attaches. The floor is unsupported there. I took the shower doors off, took the floor out and made a repair with fiberglass cloth and epoxy. I was able to take the pan outside and make the repair on the bottom so it didn't show. It was OK after a year when we traded it in. Oh and our shower leaked onto the furnace shorting out the control board so it turned into a big repair.
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
kimbashaw

I used the product in the link when I had to repair a shower pan in my home. Warning: you will need a really good mask to handle the fumes. Don't try this without a mask that isn't rated for epoxy glue fumes. Then glue/epoxy fumes are very strong. You wont be able to be in the unit for about 6 hours before it airs out. Mine has worked for 2 years. I am happy with the product. You might want to figure a way to shore up the pan from underneath?

http://refinishingonline.com/store/f...air-inlay-kits
kimbashaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
cathcartww

Ours had a "springy floor", and we are big people, so we got the cracks -mostly near the drain. Our solution was to fix the cracks with Eternabond tape, then get one of these teak shower mats to support our weight, and spread the load out over the whole floor. Turned out nice (looks like an Airstream shower!), and was less work an cost of replacing the whole floor. It required some modifications, but ended up fitting nicely. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
66joej

Good idea! and will remember this when ours cracks.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcartww View Post
Ours had a "springy floor", and we are big people, so we got the cracks -mostly near the drain. Our solution was to fix the cracks with Eternabond tape, the get one of these teak shower mats to support our weight, and spread the load out over the whole floor. Turned out nice (looks like an Airstream shower!), and was less work an cost of replacing the whole floor. It required some modifications, but ended up fitting nicely. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
X2 on this. I know a few people who have done this and had their rigs for years with no issues.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote