Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
Leningradka

Wink Hoping to be a new owner

Hello! I have been camping for many years, last 3 in a nice pop up, but have decided that its time to upgrade, and have managed to talk DH into a hybrid trailer. We are fortunate enough to live in AZ where we camp year around, so I feel very lucky that I don't know how to winterize my camper

I am here looking for information on quality and the comparison between different makers (Jayco, Forest River, Keystone). I have learned various layouts and am certain of what I need.

I do not see a separate forum for hybrid trailers, so I will be searching through light TT forum (haven't seen anything I need so far), but I will greatly appreciate any information that you may direct me to!

Happy camping!
Leningradka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
Logan X

Welcome to the forum from California. As far as the quality of Keystone trailers, I have had mine for three years and I’m happy with it. I have had no major issues. Small problems pop up here and there but they have been easily remedied. I think with any trailer, you have to have the “RV mindset” and expect to do regular maintenance and occasional repairs. This is a good forum with lots of good people and good information.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:05 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I've had Jayco, Fleetwood and Keystone products. My little brother had a new Forest River (Rockwood - just sold). The one thing in common is that they all had problems of one kind or another - all bought new.

Find the layout that you want and start looking at the units first hand. Nothing can take the place of seeing, touching and feeling the various units. Once you've done it a bit some things will just jump out at you (good or bad) when looking at them. Remember that "beauty" (quality) is in the eye of the beholder. I currently own Keystone simply due to the "bang for the buck" which I consider important. If I were going to a top end unit the field would be wider.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
NH_Bulldog

I am happy with our Keystone Passport, lots of features for the money, seems well built, and although a few fit & finish issues, it seems well suited for the long haul. Our previous unit was a Jayco Kiwi 23b (now the Jay Feather x23b). It was well built, and I had minimal issues initially. Then things started to fail, leak, break, fall apart. The biggest issue was the AC unit was never install properly and leaked water in over the winter causing the roof to rot. Jayco refused to cover under warranty because I didn't follow their dealer maintenance inspection requirements to the letter.

I would suggest finding a few models you like, look at features, ceiling heights (I am 6'4" so that left Rockwood Roo out of the running for us) and then go out and kick some tires. Once you have it narrowed down, start looking for reviews. I always look at the most negative reviews first to look for a pattern of issues. Take your time, don't rush, make sure you have the right tow vehicle, etc.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
PolkaRandy

Moved From Hybrid to Passort

HI Leningradka,

We had a hybrid (Forest River Rockwood Roo) prior to our current Passport 2670. It worked well for our family for a few years, but we didn't like having to completely take the beds apart each time we went camping. With the TT, we can have the beds made prior to leaving home and pretty much be ready to camp once we have it parked at the campsite. It is longer, so towing is definitely a trade-off when going to the larger TT. On the plus side, the extra storage is great, we have to move a lot less around when getting something out of a storage compartment. It's pretty much up to how you camp, I guess.
PolkaRandy is offline   Reply With Quote