Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Spenzly

Garage Floor

Hello all,

Brand new to the RV world as well as to the forum. My wife and I just purchased a new to us 2015 Cougar High Country 326SRX toy hauler. I will admit the process and walk around is a little over whelming or as i said information fed through a fire hose lol. Not sure if I got a good deal or not since it seems figuring out what one is worth is challenging.

So I am going through everything and finding myself making sall repairs such as lightbulbs or what ever else that Ibdidn't check during the walk around. There is one big eye sore on it that I was hoping I could get some help with how to repair. With that said, the garage floor has a nice size wear mark in the finish of the center. Everything that I am reading, is saying that the floor has a rubber coating. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in how i can fix this? Wasn't sure if maybe I could use the rubber flex seal you paint on with a roller. Any help would be appreciated. I attached a pic to show what i mean. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190413_125941.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	21639  
Spenzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #2
busterbrown

A rubberized floor coating may work if prepped properly. Dont know how long it will last with abuse from power toys.

You could go a step further and lay a hard rubber garage floor mat down over the coated floor, cut to shape around hold downs, and possibly secure along the edges with an adhesive or tape. It wouldn't be permanent and could be replaced when the time comes. I bought one from my passthrough storage and its indestructible. I paid about $70 for it.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
roadglide

I put carpet in my garage out door carpet when it was new. I would carpet but you will have to keep oil and gas of it
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor