Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 AM   #1
rbug2751

Lipert Rear stabilizers Jacks wont work electrically

Good morning seems all my electrical controls to the rear stabilizer jacks arent working. I can manually crank them up and down without issues Checking the up/down switch at the rear of the camper there is no 12V on any cable. I have a 2019 sprinter campfire 5th wheel 32 FT The stabilizer is a Lippert PSX1 version and I cant seem to locate where the main 12VDC is supplied from. This version also has a remote control for this jack and I found the relay board and can hear a relay energizing when the remote is pressed Any help would be greatly appreciated
rbug2751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
jsb5717

Sounds like it's time to start trouble shooting the electrical connections. I'm not sure where the main board is mounted (mine is tucked up inside the main storage compartment) but you'll need to find that, especially if both rear jacks aren't working. I believe that the leads are independent so both rear jacks should have their own connection to the main board.

Some initial trouble shooting thoughts:
  • Are you trying to operate the jacks from the onboard controller or just the remote? I would check both for sure
  • Are the connection plugs well seated at both the main board and at the jacks?
  • Using a multimeter, is there continuity at both ends of those connectors? Or
  • Unpluging the connectors at the jacks, do you get a voltage reading when you try to operate them?

It's also possible that the main board itself is faulty
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
ChuckS

Lipert Rear stabilizers Jacks wont work electrically

I’d locate the leveling control module... usually up front in front compartment look up toward back and high.

There are ATC fuses on the module board that supply power to the electric jack motors and hall sensors.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
ChuckS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3244.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	21420

Check rear fuses on module and also verify power to module

Old 04-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
rbug2751

Thanks... I guess more testing needs to be done I have a different control Module than the one shown but will check it closer for blown fuses. But neither the remote nor the rear extend retract switch moves the stabilzers
Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
ChuckS

Find the 12 volt source from battery directly to the control module. It’s hot all the time. There is an in-line fuse between that wire and battery connection as well.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
rbug2751

OK my system uses the Lippert Linc receiver pt# LC358601 to control my stabilizer jacks. I finally found a layout of it online. Seems since all other functions like awning and slides and lights work the power to the module from battery must be good. After looking this over I need to figure out how they programmed which device to work off the 8 different connection ports so I could further t-shoot (wish I knew how to insert a image to this) Seems this also gives power to the rear switch at the stabilizer
Old 04-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
ChuckS

Maybe this pdf will help further.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0002075.pdf

Old 04-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #9
rbug2751

Ok finally after seeing all the drawings I was able to confirm I have 13vdc when using the remote in one direction and -13 in the other. turns out the stabilizers were on connection 2 on the control bd went back to my jacks and removed alot of rubber tape and found the breaker and a wire nutted connection to the motor on the stabilizer Put my meter there and read 13vdc in one direction and -13vdc in the other It reverses when using the retract and extend switch and the remote I am guessing my motor to the stabilizer is bad This camper is under warranty but have been trying to get this fixed thru camping world service and they keep saying they will call me back but never do. I have tried 2 different service centers and neither one will work with me so I am trying to resolve this myself. Very frustrated with this.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:13 AM   #10
rbug2751

After my haste to work on this issue I forgot to Thank everyone for your help.
THANK YOU as some much needed assistance was provided

Tags
electrical, jacks