Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
sschmitt

Angry 2018 Keystone Outback 324CG problems

On 7/3/18 we purchased a NEW 2018 Keystone outback 324CG. Needless to say this thing has been nothing but problems since we did the walk thru and they just continue. The big slide out for the living room area is leaking oil where the motor is and had damaged the ceiling, trim and the wood fascia board on the front of the slide-out. The metal blinds on the kitchen window will no longer open or shut because the wand that turns them just fell out with the worm gear attached to it. The carpet that is part of the slide-out has tucked itself under in one area from the slide moving back and forth and it has now frayed the carpet and strings are showing. The area that goes from laminate flooring to carpet into the master bedroom has nails or tack strip poking through the carpet. If you step there with no shoes you will bleed. The LED's lights on the outside front nose of the camper keeps falling down. And then to top it off after a long weekend of nothing but problems. After we pull back in from camping this weekend the big window shade in the rear window of the master bedroom has fallen off and onto the floor. It scratched up the closet cabinet and the wall as it fell as well. I attempted to put it back up with no success. This is absolutely absurd and very disappointing. I just paid $35,000 for a new camper that I haven't even owned a week yet. We are supposed to be leaving in 2 weeks for vacation. The dealers around here are 3-5 weeks on service.
sschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Not a putdown, but, did you check all those things before you took possession?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
sschmitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Not a putdown, but, did you check all those things before you took possession?
Yes we did with the exception of the carpet. We didn't walk around without shoes on during the walk through and we didn't catch where the carpet edge was folded underneath. But we seen where the slide out fascia board looked to have been water damaged and brought it to the dealers attention. They said they would take care of fixing that. I looked into it deeper after we got done and seen that there was oil leaking from the motor. The lights and window shade and blind were all good during the walk through. We used the window shade in the bedroom all weekend with no issues until we got home and found it on the floor. The kitchen window blind fell apart the other day. I understand things happen but i just sold a 2007 that never had any issues like this and I'm kind of wishing I had kept it. We only sold because we wanted something bigger but didn't anticipate a bunch of problems with a new camper.
sschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, outback