Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #1
byrdr1

Finally made it out camping

Well after 4 months of nothing camping related and reading these posts and threads. I have made it back from our first trip in months. Surgery had me sidelined these few months. BOY was it nice to be out camping again. Camper did a great job. So did my truck. We stayed near the NC coast on the Neuse river at a KOA and we had a blast.
The time off from camping cost me money. Bought a new camping grill a Weber baby Q and it was outstanding as a cooking grill. Bought the brass fittings, hose, etc. to covert it to use on board propane quick connects and that worked well.
Bought a Flag pole LED light and it worked like it should. Kept my flags up all night.
Rode to the beach for a day and my wife a enjoyed that time together. Got a few pictures on my phone I may load them up later on from TapaTalk. Checked out a campground on the way there, not really a campground but an RV Resort??? Pay by the year and nothing over 6 years old allowed. Nice pool and it was on the Sound side of the ocean but......
The dogs enjoyed our time away from the house. NOT sure how many more trips our 13 year old will make he had a hard time with the steps and just being out of his usual stomping grounds. Had an accident too. We could not be mad him, but just cleaned the carpet good and moved on. He is going blind and getting hard of hearing so its just a thing we will have to deal with sooner than later.
Just great to be back camping, We have plans for 18 more days of camping later this year. and I will try and get a few more in if I can.

randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Movin' on

Glad to hear you're able to get back out there, and that you had a great time.
Your 13 yr. old dog is lucky to have someone understanding like you. I know how that is....we have an older dog "Pete" who is going deaf, and doesn't see so well anymore. What can you do, they're our kids.

2016 305RL Montana High Country
2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Duramax

Life's a Journey, Slow Down and Enjoy the Trip!
Movin' on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
jsmith948

Randy, glad to hear you are 'on the mend' are are back into camping. We bought our camper in Oct. of 2011 and in April of 2012 my hip disintegrated, putting me on crutches. Like you, I was sure glad to be able to get back out there. We have to enjoy and make memories while we can because we can't see the future. If your dog is like ours, he felt worse than you did.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
byrdr1

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
Old 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
B-O-B'03

Very nice.

I think I have that same table, do the slats roll up and go into a bag?

I think we are going to try and go for a week or so, after the October 15th income tax extension period ends... the Wife is a tax accountant and tied to her desk until then.

Congratulations on what looks like a nice trip and thanks for posting the pictures.

-Brian
Old 09-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
Very nice.

I think I have that same table, do the slats roll up and go into a bag?

I think we are going to try and go for a week or so, after the October 15th income tax extension period ends... the Wife is a tax accountant and tied to her desk until then.

Congratulations on what looks like a nice trip and thanks for posting the pictures.

-Brian
Yes it rolls up and has a nice bag that hold them. The grill works good on them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES