Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
gbsb

Dump Valve

I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition 11. It has a compartment in the front that hokds the dump valves for the Grey water and the black water tank. There is another dump valve right by the third axle that dumps on the ground . Is this dump valve for fresh water tank or is there another grey water tank that didn't gey hooked into sewer line. don't want to take it back to dealer if possible (80 miles away) thanks for any help. George
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
mrxlh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 Touring Edition 11. It has a compartment in the front that hokds the dump valves for the Grey water and the black water tank. There is another dump valve right by the third axle that dumps on the ground . Is this dump valve for fresh water tank or is there another grey water tank that didn't gey hooked into sewer line. don't want to take it back to dealer if possible (80 miles away) thanks for any help. George
That is for the galley gray water tank. You have 2 grey tanks, one for the head and one for the galley.
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
KanTC

George,

With a unit that large (probably around 100 gal fresh water?), I'm sure that you have 2 gray tanks. The release handle (near the 3rd axle) is probably to the gray tank for your kitchen/galley. Generally speaking, it's not uncommon for there to be a separate gray water line not connected to the main dump lines - so yours may not be 'in error'. In addition to the fresh water & black water, there should also be 2 gray holding tanks shown on your systems monitor - possibly marked as galley & bath?

Obviously some of the Fusion owners can give you more specific info, but in the meantime, I hope this helps.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
gbsb

I thought it might be for a second grey water tank but there is no plumbing for it to go to drain . Do I have to get another sewer line and connect to it. It just opens straight to ground, my montana 3400 had two grey tank valves but the one by the axle went into the main sewer line and i just pulled the handle to dump it. I guess i'll have to pull it back to dealer. Thanks all for the help. George
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
ewk21221

Dump Valve on 383 Model

George,

I have a 2010 Fuzion 383.......Bought brand new in September 2009. We love this RV. Especially all the room you have inside. On this unit there are four dump valves in total. The side "compartment" has dump valves for black water, and gray water from the bathroom. The dump valve for the kitchen gray tank is located to the right of the sewer hose connection outlet. The dump valve for the fresh water is the one that's between the axle's, it just dumps straight out onto the ground. Hope this helps..........
Eric
2007 Victory Kingpin Tour
2007 Victory Vegas
ewk21221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
gbsb

This helps a lot thanks. I feel a lot better about things. I just picked ours up Sat. and so far we love it we fulltime and plan on heading to Alaska in June. George
Old 10-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #7
Jim_VaBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
I thought it might be for a second grey water tank but there is no plumbing for it to go to drain . Do I have to get another sewer line and connect to it. It just opens straight to ground, my montana 3400 had two grey tank valves but the one by the axle went into the main sewer line and i just pulled the handle to dump it. I guess i'll have to pull it back to dealer. Thanks all for the help. George
I never saw an answer to your question about having to use two different sewer hoses. We have bought an Alpine 3555rl and it has two different locations for sewer hoses. I guess the aft one is for the galley and the fwd one is for the bathroom. Why in the world would I want to have to unhook one just to hook up and dump the other? Wow! This question will be posed to my dealer when we pick it up next week but I am really curious and hope to find an answer prior to then.
Jim_VaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #8
cumminsdad08

some trailers for whatever reason, have two hook up's for sewer. it's not uncommon. they sell a diverter that you can hook up both lines at one time. this saves the hassle of removing the line and hooking it up to dump off.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #9
justduit2

Wye adapter

Jim,

My Laredo has the same setup, I use one of these to hook both tanks to the sewer:
/http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39812-Rh...dp/B002OUIXU8/

Down side is that it requires 2 more hoses

Hope that helps

Mark

2011 Laredo 275SBH
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD QC LB
justduit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
Jim_VaBeach

Thanks to both of you. Makes sense and we just rode around the campground and found that exact fitting on another camper.
Jim_VaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
Ron

We looked at a new Alpine last weekend with 2 seperate waste locations. If I would purchase that trailer there looks like plenty of room to take the galley gray water over the axels with enough room not to interfere with the spring flex and tie it into the main waste location. Me being a plumber looks pretty simple to do, I don't know why the factory doesn't do it. Im not sure if every model can be done though. Just my 2 cents worth. Happy Campin................Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
scottanderson10

Second Grey Water Dump Valve

The galley grey water dump valve should be pumbed into the sewer dump system. I have a 3812 Raptor with two grey water holding tanks that are pumbed into the complete sewer system (1 black, 2 grey). This second grey water dump valve shouldn't dump onto the ground. Recommend taking rig back to your dealer and have this repaired.
scottanderson10 is offline   Reply With Quote