Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2014, 04:48 AM   #21
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
OMG it's getting down to 30 in Houston for a couple hours tomorrow morning. Weatherman/woman ratings are up!
Yes kids, you have to go to school!
Supposed to have another cool blast next week. I guess I'll drain the water soon.
Normal for today is low 53, high 73.
Well it hit 29 last night, but we're up and getting ready to hit the road for a weekend of camping and sitting by the fire.. High today is supposed to hit 50.. normal 70-75 but its all good.. first time in my adult life that I am not working on my birthday..
Old 11-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #22
GmaPaTime

Same here... Got to 30 but only going up to mid 40's today and tomorrow. We're still heading out today but bringing extra firewood.

Enjoy your new camper and Happy Birthday
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #23
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Well it hit 29 last night, but we're up and getting ready to hit the road for a weekend of camping and sitting by the fire.. High today is supposed to hit 50.. normal 70-75 but its all good.. first time in my adult life that I am not working on my birthday..
It's supposed to get up to 41F today, but the lows are still in the 20's at night. Have a great trip Javi & Happy Birthday!!!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #24
S&Dfz331

I have a winterizing port but I think living in Vegas I only need to blow out my lines. I have an adapter to screw into the port do I just open all the sinks shower and drains and blow it out threw the winterizing port? What PSI should I set the compressor at so I don't do any damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Your "winterizing port" connects to the input side of your water pump. It is designed to draw antifreeze into the water pump to supply it to the water lines, It will NOT provide a "flow through" for compressed air to flow into the water lines. First, make sure your hot water heater is in BYPASS and drained. Then you need to connect the compressor fitting to the city water input and turn on your faucets BEFORE you turn on the compressor. Open the low point drains, let the air flow into the lines until they are flowing clear of water, then close the low point drains, open each faucet, one at a time until that fitting flows clear of water, move to the next and continue until all flow free of water. Don't forget the outside shower and the toilet. Once that is done, open the low point drains once more to be sure all the water is out. Then move the compressor fitting to the black tank flush and blow the water out of that system. The hot/cold water system is NOT connected to the black tank flush system so they must be cleared individually.

Once the lines are clear, pour antifreeze down each P-trap and I'd leave the faucets turned on.

I would suggest a maximum of 40 PSI. Any more and you could cause damage to the plumbing. Supposedly, the water system is rated at 60 PSI, but if there's a "weak link" there really is no need to find it while winterizing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #26
wahoonc

I set my compressor to 25 psi, that provides plenty of pressure and you don't have to worry about anything blowing loose. FWIW I believe the operating pressure of the 12v pump is around 35-40 psi.

You can buy an adapter that threads into your city water inlet that the compressor will attach to.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote