Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
wolfee240

Atwwod Helium Fridge

Finally after a month of calling atwood and dealers to figure out why my fridge was not cooling home i have figured it out. The camper has to be perfectly level. Mine when parked in the driveway was off just little side to side.I had no warning lights going off on the fridge. The fridge would not cool when at home.It would cool everywhere else. I know the book has says it has a tilt sensor built in to prevent the fridge from being damage if ran out of level. I leveled it up last night and now my fridge is cold. The only thing i can think that was causing this since i had no warning lights is that the hot air behind the fridge was not getting exhausted out correctly when it was not level. I thought these new fridges were not suppose to be so picky if they were not level. I had a old domestic fridge in our last camper and it worked perfect when parked in that same spot.
wolfee240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
GaryWT

Good that you figured it out. Mind is close to level but not perfect and it works. I like to be able to leave it on.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
wolfee240

The floor was only off a quarter of a bubble in 4 feet. If I have to level it up perfect at home, no big deal. As long as I can keep food in the fridge when at home.
wolfee240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #4
Charby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfee240 View Post
Finally after a month of calling atwood and dealers to figure out why my fridge was not cooling home i have figured it out. The camper has to be perfectly level. Mine when parked in the driveway was off just little side to side.I had no warning lights going off on the fridge. The fridge would not cool when at home.It would cool everywhere else. I know the book has says it has a tilt sensor built in to prevent the fridge from being damage if ran out of level. I leveled it up last night and now my fridge is cold. The only thing i can think that was causing this since i had no warning lights is that the hot air behind the fridge was not getting exhausted out correctly when it was not level. I thought these new fridges were not suppose to be so picky if they were not level. I had a old domestic fridge in our last camper and it worked perfect when parked in that same spot.
Same thing happened to me, not leveled on incline in driveway was the problem. The info on this frig is B.S. as it requires very close leveling to work correctly.