Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
bmach

Verifacaton code

Every time I enter the vitrifaction code to try a do a search I get a message that what I typed did not match the code. Any ideas?

Thanks
bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

bmach -
I'm not sure what you mean by a "vitrifaction" code? Do you mean "verification"? Can you give an example of what you tried to search for and the exact message you got in response?
Old 04-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
ROLIN JOSEPH

mai bee spilling mestake?

2007 Chevy Classic 2500HD D/A
2013 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS
ROLIN JOSEPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
bmach

Never mind

Yes spell check typo. it does not like the verification code I type in, it says that it does not match what was displayed.

But I found that if I log in, it does not ask for one.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

When you log in do you check the box that says "Remember Me"? I've not come across any request for a verification code unless you are meaning Password or User Name....???
Old 04-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
CampDestinations.com

Sounds like he's encountering a Captcha human verification check on one of the forms here. I'm always logged in so I never see it. Those things can just be a PIA, but they are necessary. Forums get hit constantly by automated software with nothing but bad intentions...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #7
bmach

fetus please read what I wrote, I am not an idiot, i know the difference between password and verification code. Sorry for sounding like a jerk but come on man.

CD you are right they can be a pain but I have never seen this problem before.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmach View Post
fetus please read what I wrote, I am not an idiot, i know the difference between password and verification code. Sorry for sounding like a jerk but come on man.

CD you are right they can be a pain but I have never seen this problem before.
Think nobody is understanding you is because most of us are logged in before we try and access things like "Search" If you just login then you can do anything with out playing with that silly verification. Try it think you will avoid this
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
bmach

Paraptor if you read my second post you would have read that I did that and it did not ask. Thus the title never mind.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmach View Post
Paraptor if you read my second post you would have read that I did that and it did not ask. Thus the title never mind.
You sound "frustrated" or "put out" that people aren't "listening to you" or "reading what you said" with the same interpretation that you intended. If you ask for advice/opinions on what could be happening, you're going to get some ideas that you may not agree are related to the "exact topic" you intended the reader to "see" in what you wrote. No need to get "upset" about someone or even more than one member who is trying to help not seeing exactly what you "meant to say". Nobody has posted anything trying to put you down for your post, don't put their ideas down because you don't think they are relative to your idea.

In actuality, many "bots" and some "rather sinister people" snoop the internet forums regularly looking for openings to capture data they can use for nefarious purposes. This forum is intended to provide information about Keystone RV's to the registered members. Guests are "allowed" to view the information, but are not allowed to "search" or "manipulate" any of the information to arrange it to better suit their needs. They need to become members to do that. The verification code and whether it works or not really isn't an issue as long as it keeps those who are not registered from acquiring information about you, me or other members. I'm glad that an unregistered or "not logged on" searcher is unable to gather data from this forum. With all the identity theft that goes on, sometimes I question whether guests should even be allowed to view data here. Next time you log onto the forum, take a look at the bottom of the forum index page, you'll find a section titled, "What's going on" Click on the "who's online" section and you'll find that of the 100+ people on the forum viewing "your personal data" there are usually 20-30 members and 70+ guests. If you scroll through those "guests" you'll find that most of them are Google AdSensor Spiders, Guests viewing "member profile" Guests viewing "New Member Checkin" and other bots with IP addresses from China, India, Pakistan and other locations where interest in Keystone RV's is most likely NOT the intended purpose of their visit.

The difficulty you had searching as an "unknown" is reassuring that my personal data is more difficult to obtain. If you want to search, simply log on and most of the data will be available to you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In actuality, many "bots" and some "rather sinister people" snoop the internet forums regularly looking for openings to capture data they can use for nefarious purposes. This forum is intended to provide information about Keystone RV's to the registered members. Guests are "allowed" to view the information, but are not allowed to "search" or "manipulate" any of the information to arrange it to better suit their needs. They need to become members to do that. Next time you log onto the forum, take a look at the bottom of the forum index page, you'll find a section titled, "What's going on" Click on the "who's online" section and you'll find that of the 100+ people on the forum viewing "your personal data" there are usually 20-30 members and 70+ guests. If you scroll through those "guests" you'll find that most of them are Google AdSensor Spiders, Guests viewing "member profile" Guests viewing "New Member Checkin" and other bots with IP addresses from China, India, Pakistan and other locations where interest in Keystone RV's is most likely NOT the intended purpose of their visit.
Never knew that was there??
thanks very interesting reading.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #12
bmach

Jrtjh, I have been involved with computers since before there were PCs. You are right about security and I agree with you, there can never be enough. If you can not search the forums as a guest then that option should not even be there to try. There should not be an option to enter a verification code just a message that you need to log in or sign up.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #13
fla-gypsy

To illustrate the point;

Most users ever online was 462, 03-05-2014 at 05:41 AM.

So the most users ever was at 5:41 am EST? Unless we have a huge user base in another country most of these were all sources attempting mischief. A few of us on the east coast may occasionally be on that early but it is not 462!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #14
Festus2
Site Team

fla-gypsy:
Not all of these "guests or visitors" are up to no good. There are some legitimate bots that search all sorts of sites, including this one, looking for information from the posts to build up a data base. However, there are some that are searching the site for other reasons - trying to obtain personal information about our members and other illegitimate schemes bent on invading our privacy.

It is for these reasons that we ask our members to be cautious about what they reveal about themselves during the registration process and in their posts. You are already aware that posts containing your personal email address or phone number will have that information deleted by one of the Moderators. This is done to protect your privacy.
We also suggest members not use their full name as their user name or in their signature or divulge their specific location (house address) but instead use a fictitious name and a general location to help protect your security and protection of your privacy and identity.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #15
mazboy123

verification code?

I for one is totally confused. never needed a verification code on this site. oh well, life goes on.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #16
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy123 View Post
I for one is totally confused. never needed a verification code on this site. oh well, life goes on.
If you are not a registered, logged-in member, you may be asked for a verification number before you can use or have access to all of the features of this site. That is my understanding of the "verification code". In your case, since you are registered and probably logged in, you will never see this.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #17
hankpage
Site Team

bmach, I logged out and tried to use the search function. If I entered all lower case letters along with the numbers the verification code was accepted. If I used a mixture of upper and lower case the code was not verified. This may have been the problem you encountered when you were not logged in. Anything that helps to keep our private info safe has to be a good thing, so simply logging in to use member services helps protect you. The moderators on this forum check most new members to keep the forum free from live spammers. The verification code is just for bots that are not capable of registering. We hope you will understand and excuse the inconvenience, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote