Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
davidjsimons

Cat C-7

Just thought that I would run this question up the flagpole. Does anybody on this site, that is familiar with Cat engines, know if a copper crush washer should be on the tip of the injector in a C-7 Cat? I know this is not RV related, but we seem to have a knowledgable group here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
labs4life

David,
I don't know for sure, but will find out tomorrow for sure. You may already have your answer by then, but if not I should get one.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by labs4life View Post
David,
I don't know for sure, but will find out tomorrow for sure. You may already have your answer by then, but if not I should get one.
Thank you. I have one in my shop that was brought in with a stutter under load and a lack of power. The truck had been worked on somewhere else previously. There is a remained HUIE Pump already on the truck. We pulled an injector and noticed a lot of carbon and soot. This would indicate it was not sealed. There was no crush washer. So we pulled the other five, and they had no crush washers as well. We could also tell that the injectors had been out and one was new. It's hard working behind somebody else when nobody will tell you what somebody else did before they brought it to you.
The local Cat dealer is no help. They will not tell you anything. They did say that there were no washers on these injectors, but I'm having a hard time believing that based on what I'm seeing. I have searched all over the net and can not find the solid answer that I'm seeking. That's why is posted my question here. Again thank you for any help that you may be able to render. I may call Cat and try to order a set of washers for it and see what they try to sell me.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
davidjsimons

Well, the answer to the question, as it relates to the copper crush washers, is no, there are none.