Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Trinibob

ever have a slide-out leak before you've ever used the camper

my 2013 hideout has been sittingat my house since I picked it up from the dealer in November.
had it opened for two weeks loading and cleaning while it was raining whent out the week after to find water damage on the bottom of the pillar right side of the main slide out.
camper was level at the time it was sitting in our yard.
took it to dealer said he knew there was problems with this slide out On The Hideout line and had a fix for it.
got it back to get home only to have it leak again the following weekend and wouldn't you know it leaking again.this time dealer came to the house took it back is trying something else and apologize profusely.
my question is how many new campers at our height outs on this forum have had the same problem any?

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Trinibob

TTT no feedback

Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Trinibob

this is the right post of the living room slide out water seemed to weep out the bottom from the bottom post to the sofa shroud but not from the wall no damage to the wall from top to bottom just bottom?

Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinibob View Post
took it to dealer said he knew there was problems with this slide out On The Hideout line and had a fix for it.

my question is how many new campers at our height outs on this forum have had the same problem any?
Did the dealer indicate to you what the problem was with this Hideout slide out ? Did he share with you any details about the "fix" he had in mind?

From time to time, we do get members who have reported problems with leaking slides but I can't recall any concerns being posted from an unusually high number of Hideout owners. You might try doing a forum search to see if other Hideout members have had the same problem. Hopefully, some other Hideout members will chime in and shed some light on your leaking slide issue.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Trinibob

my dealer omitted to me that Keystone hideout have had problems with leaking slideshe was aware of this being an issue with some models and a shirt me he had to fix obviously he was incorrect because it leaked again weeks and has never been camping yet.
hopefully he will have this problem resolved by Wednesday as I am leaving for camping on Friday for the first time

Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Trinibob

Update
Second fix worked sealed all all wiring holes on slide out on front literly sealed every hole that had a crack! In the end he told me if it leaks again he would install an awning for free I feel so assured..not!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
B&T

I hope he got you fixed up properly. Let us know how it turns out and enjoy your camping trip!
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
Miss Camping

We have this problem since 2010

Hi

The only difference is that we had the leaking problem the first year we bought it. In 2010 we took delivery from MAC CARAVAN in Laval Quebec Canada of a brand new trailler 311BHS Sprinter by Keystone.
Since we got it, it is rainning into it. Water infiltration. In the living room.
Mac Caravan came in 2010 to fix it and it was still leaking. They came back in 2011 and it is still leaking today.
In 2012, we did all the caulking on all the trailer by a professional Mr Calfeutrage (Mr Caulking) and today it is still leaking.
Do you have an idea of what product he put and where he put it to stop the leaking? I'm glad your problem is solve and I would really love to solve mind. I did an estimate to put something on top on th extension outside it would cost me 1500$ and I'm not even sure it will solve the problem. What can I do?

Your help would be very appreciate in this matter, since we have the same problem. The picture you posted is similar. The first year they took the pole completly and replace it but the year after it was leaking again.
I can send your pictures to show you exactely where it is wet.

Many thanks,
Miss Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
Trinibob

I will take some picks tomorrow but what I can say he did take off all the trim on the leaking side and reculked under them plus all the powers cord holes

Old 06-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #10
Miss Camping

ok I hope it can give me an idea.
Do you have any idea if he put a product in particular, do you have a brand name???

thanks
Miss Camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout