Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #1
G.J.walker

2011 Outback Sydney 321FRL Water Heater Access

All,

I have a leak from the back of my water heater in my 2011 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5th wheel, but I can figure out where the interior access panel is for it. The water heater exterior access would indicate that the unit should be accessible from either the stairs going up into the master bedroom, or maybe the floor of the master bedroom. I reached my hand in at a panel near the door side to get the attached picture, but I need closer access to work on the leaking hose at the top. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5855.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	42120  
G.J.walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:16 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Have you looked at the rear wall in the front storage compartment?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #3
G.J.walker

The rear wall of the front storage is where I was going to look next. Hopefully there will be something there. Thanks for the insight.
Old 10-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.J.walker View Post
The rear wall of the front storage is where I was going to look next. Hopefully there will be something there. Thanks for the insight.
On my Cougar, the entire rear wall in the passthrough (from driver's sidewall to the centerline of the trailer comes out in one piece. There are 6 screws that hold it in place, two in the trailer sidewall, two in the centerline bulkhead and two along the floor of the passthrough. There are no screws along the top of the false wall, it just "rides along the floor joists.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On my Cougar, the entire rear wall in the passthrough (from driver's sidewall to the centerline of the trailer comes out in one piece. There are 6 screws that hold it in place, two in the trailer sidewall, two in the centerline bulkhead and two along the floor of the passthrough. There are no screws along the top of the false wall, it just "rides along the floor joists.
I got in my pass through storage a couple years ago in order to mouse proof the area. I actually got stuck trying to get out as I was on my back and well... I got out after my wife quit laughing and yanked me out. Thank goodness she wasn't on the ball that day as she often says she regrets not taking a few pictures for posterity (her Facebook I am guessing). I do have a low rise 5th wheel and guess my pass through opening is not as tall as some.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:54 AM   #6
G.J.walker

I am going to get into it this weekend and see what I find. Hopefully they designed this one with access from the front storage. Thanks much.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:39 AM   #7
G.J.walker

Resolved

All, thanks for the insight. I was able to access the Water Heater via the front storage area. There is a removable panel approx. 12" x 24". Changed out the rubber washers on the threaded connections from the Pex hose to both intake and output of the water heater and all leaks resolved. It is a good day. Thanks again for the help.

Tags
heat, heater, outback, water, water heater