Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2022, 07:36 AM   #21
rlh1957

Our Cougar on the lot didn’t come with second AC so we told dealer we wanted second AC, a MaxxAir fan in living room and a second battery.
They had it all installed before we picked up & signed papers.
AC is integrated into the In Command.

Second air can be added and would have gateway, temp sensor and connected to In Command at dealer. Most good dealers stock 13.5K & 15K AC units along with the appropriate In Command components.

To us it wouldn't matter if second AC had it’s own thermostat control. The temp sensor is in bedroom and cycles when the temp is reached regardless of what other area temps are.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:16 PM   #22
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Our Cougar on the lot didn’t come with second AC so we told dealer we wanted second AC, a MaxxAir fan in living room and a second battery.
They had it all installed before we picked up & signed papers.
AC is integrated into the In Command.

Second air can be added and would have gateway, temp sensor and connected to In Command at dealer. Most good dealers stock 13.5K & 15K AC units along with the appropriate In Command components.

To us it wouldn't matter if second AC had it’s own thermostat control. The temp sensor is in bedroom and cycles when the temp is reached regardless of what other area temps are.
So does the ceiling unit in the bedroom match the one in the living room?

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:04 PM   #23
rlh1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
So does the ceiling unit in the bedroom match the one in the living room?
It matches brand and looks, but bedroom is 13.5K btu and living is 15K btu.
You set it with In Command. Zone 1 and Zone 2.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #24
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
It matches brand and looks, but bedroom is 13.5K btu and living is 15K btu.
You set it with In Command. Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Sounds like what I've been trying to identify and purchase. I ended up calling the parts department at the dealership I purchased the camper from and told the guy what I was looking for. He called me back yesterday to let me know he can get the Coleman Mach 3DQ (13.5k) directly from Keystone. He tried to sell me a ceiling unit - more accurately called a plenum - called a Chill Grill (cool only), which is NOT the same as the plenum that is on my living room A/C. I sent him pictures of what it is I'm looking for and he's now saying he's found the correct parts that I need to install the second A/C. He was supposed to call me this evening but it's after closing time with no call from him. I'll probably hear from him tomorrow. I'm thinking that, in line with advice provided earlier, when he does call I may have him order the 15k unit instead of the 13.5k.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 09:02 AM   #25
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLewis View Post
I just purchased the air conditioner and gateway at CampingWorld. They took quite a while to find the correct part numbers and they ended up having both in stock.
What's the all in price?
Squanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:47 PM   #26
pinkstond

Our mistake!

Owner/Operator of https://www.rvproductsshop.com here! Sorry I'm just now seeing this (this was brought to my attention by a customer looking for similar items: 661679 & 697263). Let me see if I can help address a few of the quoted concerns below.

Quote:
I used the "Contact Us" function on RV Products Shop website and was promptly ignored.
Sorry about that, this is definitely not the norm! We usually get emails responded to within a few hours, sometimes a bit longer during peak season. I searched our email server and our ticketing software and only found a few emails from around the appropriate time period regarding parts "661579" or "597263", and those emails were promptly responded to and replied to.

Quote:
I then sent an email directly to them at [email protected] and again have been ignored.
When emailing this address you should have received a bounce-back email from our email server as this is an invalid email address. Similar email addresses that we have which are valid start with "sales" or "rvpssales" (an extra "s").

Quote:
I figured that maybe they just aren't direct sales oriented and can't be bothered with a mere mortal such as myself so contacted a dealership and gave them the information.
Definitely not intentionally the case! We work with a range of customers from repair shops, builders, and retail customers.

I know this post is over a year old, but I just wanted to clear the air, and potentially fix any issues on our end that could prevent your communications from getting through!

-Derek
pinkstond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner