Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2022, 05:42 PM   #21
KarenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Our family vacationed in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach for close to 40 years. But February is not the month to plan on being there. You need to be BELOW a line
east and west of Orlando/Tampa to insure you'll be wearing shorts on your getaway. Yes, Tin Top, Hazel's Nook and Wolf Bay are restaurants that are hard to beat, but the same can be had in south Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Thanks guys …yeah I guess it’s gonna be Florida Will spend the next couple a days narrowing down the search
My folks spent winters in Gulf Shores state park for 20+ yrs before and after it was destroyed by a hurricane. More 70's weather than farther south. Beautiful area, safe for bicycle riding. Loved the shrimp from DeSoto's. Like others said, not as crowded as parts farther south.
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:18 PM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
We like the KOA on South Padre Island, Texas. Good restaurant in walking distance on the pier. Fishing charter at same pier. Great beaches. Lots to do. Typically a little warmer than Galveston, which I also like. Have stayed several times at both KOA locations. The KOA in South Padre is right on the island. Never had any issues. The pool is salt water though. Don’t remember if it is heated. Galveston KOA pool is fresh water and heated, as well as their lazy river pool. Take your pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK View Post
My folks spent winters in Gulf Shores state park for 20+ yrs before and after it was destroyed by a hurricane. More 70's weather than farther south. Beautiful area, safe for bicycle riding. Loved the shrimp from DeSoto's. Like others said, not as crowded as parts farther south.

Thanks!!! I appreciate
Old 01-13-2022, 07:16 PM   #23
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Is Galveston a nice place to go in February? Warm enough? Was gonna do Florida but might be nice to try somewhere else..is it hard finding sites?
Galveston is one of our favorite stops, and the real estate can be whimsical and pretty (photo 1).

But I wouldn't want to live there in hurricane season. Photo 2 is what the state RV park used to look like before Ike in 2008. Photo 3 is what it looks like now, cut to less than a quarter of its previous capacity. They're not even bothering to reclaim it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4268.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	37862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.01.32 PM.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	37863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.01.52 PM.jpg
Views:	44