Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
dean.ostrom

2010 keystone raptor entry door hinge

Hi.

We’ve broken the top entry door hinge on our 2010 keystone raptor 35 foot fifth wheel toy hauler. Model RP 300 MP. The hinge is riveted to the door jam and also incorporates the hinge for the screen door as the top flange of the entry door hinge. (See attached photo). this hinge is very light duty and cheaply made compared to other hinges that I have found while investigating this.

There are aftermarket hinges out there but I have been unable to find a replacement for this specific hinge with the built-in screen door hinge.

Keystone says that the door frame and hinges are sold as an assembly for $900 which is obviously out of the question. Does anybody know of a source for replacement hinges for this?

Thanks in advance.

Dean Ostrom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32686E8C-1E05-4531-9069-0F688E2D0F66.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	35515   Click image for larger version

Name:	44A25ACC-7CD9-44A3-8E40-F943368568F2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	35516  
dean.ostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
firestation12

Is the picture shown the top hinge that is broken or one of the lower hinges that are ok? If not of the broken hinge, I'd be interested in seeing a photo showing where the break has occurred. Apologies if you've posted the broken hinge and I'm not seeing the problem.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
dean.ostrom

Hi. Sorry for the confusion. The photo got rotated when I uploaded it. It is the top hinge of three hinges on the door. The left of the photo is actually the top of the hinge. This is a photo of the unbroken top hinge of the second door. The hinge is broken right along the three screws that attach it to the door. It is the largest and widest flange in the picture and is the only one that attaches the door. The other flange going in that direction is for the screen door.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #4
firestation12

Thanks, it was apparent that the picture was sideways. The photo also appeared to be the top hinge but without an obvious break. I couldn't discern a flaw in the photo (obviously because there wasn't a flaw). What I was interested in was an actual photo of the broken hinge, so I might have a repair solution in the event you cannot replace it individually. You did say you weren't interested in the $900 option.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #5
dean.ostrom

I am not where the camper is right now but I will be tomorrow morning and I can snap a picture of the broken hinge and upload it at that time

Tags
keystone, raptor