Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #1
thetanman1957

Battery cables hooked backwards-opps

Went to get trailer out of storage and when I reinstalled the battery I got the cables hooked up backwards Caught it within a few minutes and made the change. Had a cpl of the 15 amp fuses blown in the panel box, replaced them. Some of the ceiling touch ring type lights are not working correctly now. One stays on all the time,another will not come on and one is very dimly on. Any help would be appreciated. This is on Cougar 2017 327 RLK.
thetanman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanman1957 View Post
Went to get trailer out of storage and when I reinstalled the battery I got the cables hooked up backwards Caught it within a few minutes and made the change. Had a cpl of the 15 amp fuses blown in the panel box, replaced them. Some of the ceiling touch ring type lights are not working correctly now. One stays on all the time,another will not come on and one is very dimly on. Any help would be appreciated. This is on Cougar 2017 327 RLK.
Should be two 30 or 40 amp fuses on the converter... they are for reversed polarity... most likely blown.. they'll usually be off by themselves.. or even on back of the converter..
Old 04-05-2021, 09:14 AM   #3
spicercars

I did the same thing on a new camper many years ago. Thank goodness I didn't do any damage but a couple of blown fuses. Every camper I have had since I put red tape on the positive cable just to make sure I don't cross them up again.

Tags
battery, cable