Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
BookPaul74

Question A Question about the Kitchen Slide Out

Hello:
Since I've loaded everything into the fifth wheel for my six months in the southwest I've noticed a problem with the kitchen slide out. When I go to retract it in, it moves 6" to 12" and there's a loud pop sound. A bit of a jerk but it still keeps coming in to close. I'm thinking I know the reason and possible fix. I've watched many repair videos on YouTube by AZ Expert and he posted one about a Keystone Fuzion Toy hauler.

Something I've figured out why the noise wasn't there when I first used the kitchen slide was because there was nothing loaded into the pantry, refrigerator and cabinets. It has to be the heaviest slid in the whole fifth wheel with the pantry full of can goods, the refrigerator being full and the cabinets filled with cooking utensils.

So the questions is, has anyone else had this problem and what was done to fix it? In the video he installed rollers by Lippert Components. I can see the rollers underneath the two front Livingroom slides and the bedroom slide is a different design. But the kitchen I can't see behind the seal, so I'm assuming it the same design that's on the Fuzion.

I'm hoping that I have no problems with it until I'm able to return home and have access to my garages to do the upgrade. I'm thinking also before I have problems with the Livingroom slides I'll add extra rollers to spread the load out.

Lippert Components 276288 J-36 Service Roller

Keystone RV Fusion Slide-Out Poorly Designed?

Just in case my Signature doesn't show.

2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS
Summer-Nebraska Winter-Arizona area
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
Love2rv

Thanks for asking this question. I’ve been having the same issues as you have been having with my cougar 29 rli, also with the kitchen slide out.
What we have been doing was limiting the amount of weight in the slide out.
But now that you posted that video from AZ expert, and after watching it, I found the solution to our issues.
This is just a poor design by Keystone.
I just what to thank you for bringing this topic up and posting the link to the video.
I will be ordering those service rollers from lippert and installing them. Great idea, never thought of doing that.
Love2rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
BookPaul74

Love2rv. You’re welcome.
Summer-Nebraska Winter-Arizona area
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out