Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2020, 04:38 AM   #1
browntl2454

New Montana HC from Nebraska

We purchased a Montana High Country 295RL July 30th. Still in the process of organizing. Any tips on the new unit would be appreciated.
browntl2454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
Gary R.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Enjoy that new Montana!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
jsb5717

Welcome aboard! Nice floor plan...similar in size and weight to ours. No real tips as long as you did a thorough PDI and everything works as it should. Just enjoy it!
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Big1

Welcome to the forum, you will build a routine as you go and make sure you have everything they should have giving you everything like a water pressure regulator water hose etc.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:23 PM   #5
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntl2454 View Post
We purchased a Montana High Country 295RL July 30th. Still in the process of organizing. Any tips on the new unit would be appreciated.
Someone will chime in eventually and talk about different tires for your new rig... I can feel it coming... Congrats on the new 5th wheel.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntl2454 View Post

I might be able to give a few. I have a 331RL but figure there are many similarities it appears.

Is your fireplace a Furrion? If so the front glass will jump right off traveling. It just pulls straight up off a couple of tabs...a bump on the road will do it. I solved that by placeing some dabs of silicone in the top edges of the glass face so it wouldn't jump up.

Furrion sound system? Sorry. The speakers are terrible. I replaced them with JBL. The Furrion receiver isn't any good either. I eventually placed a Polk sound bar behind the TV to get a decent sound I could understand while working at the island. The glass door over the receiver and the spare hole on the left will pop open if you hit any bumps. I put a piece of blue painters tape on it for travel (it's in the shop). I also put a Sony BluRay dvd player in the compartment to the left of the receiver. I literally did away with any use for us from the Furrion components except...

The Furrion TV is not too bad but you need to try to set it up to hook to cable or antenna. Mine will not show "TV" as a source at all. Furrion was at a loss and their support stopped after one email (it's in the shop).

Your GVW is a bit less than mine but still over 14k. Mine came with the Ranier LRF OEM tires. I've not read any good things about them so put Sailun S637 LRG on this one. The LRG may be a bit of overkill but I'm OK with that.

Look under your big slides. The bottoms will be Darco fabric. Note how they operate going into the trailer. Are there rollers on one of them? How many? The door side of mine has 2 rollers; neither want to roll and have torn the Darco (in the shop). On my last trailer with similar slides BAL (maker of the slide mechanisms) said they recommend at least 4.

Seems like a "oh no" list but after these many years this is just a walk in the park - we love the trailer and will get it sorted out. Just take your time to dig into the little nooks and crannies before your warranty runs out. Just trying to give a heads up - not doom and gloom.

Enjoy that trailer, get to those places you've wanted to go to and have fun. Good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana