Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #1
TomD1

Frame outrigger

Since we are not planning on camping much this year I have spent a lot of time crawling in, on, and around my 5th wheel. While crawling around under the RV I found multiple outriggers cracked at the top 90 deg bend near the frame one of them had the weld at the frame completely broken. Has anyone had this problem? CW does not want to touch it so I called Lippert to get replacement outriggers. While speaking to the Lippert Rep. he said that it should be covered under warranty and transferred me to a Tech I then put him in touch with CW and it appears Lippert is going to send someone to look at it and if it is under warranty they will send someone to fix it. The next thing I found was the dreaded bubble on the slide roof from the leaking slide gearbox/motor after some leg pulling I got the extended warranty to cover the replacement of the gearbox/motor and instillation of drip pans. They wont cover the repair of the roof so I get to patch that my self in accordance with the Keystone SB. Also appears a pine cone dropped on the skylight and put a nice crack in it, I ordered a skylight so I have another project to do. What a way to spend the summer.

Tom