Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
firestation12

Anyone tried ceramic coatings in lieu of waxing?

Today I found an article about ceramic coatings which have become popular for use on automotive finishes. They claim to be usable on plastics, rubber, and painted surfaces. Here is the link to the article: https://www.carbibles.com/best-ceram...ting-for-cars/
Has anyone researched these coatings for use on our camper's exterior? They claim to have a long term durability (5 years) and a do it yourself installation. I'd appreciate anyone's experience with ceramic coatings.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
K_N_L

I tried two, the F-11 Topcoat and then HydroSilex Recharge. I really liked the Recharge as it did shine on the gray a bit better, and caused water to roll off, and easy to work with. As I did that last year, it still looks good but I dont know about 5 years. That said, surface prep is key, its needs to be clean and glossy before you apply and you must wipe and buff it in. I missed a spot on my truck windshield and it was a bear to clean it off. I bought the 32oz and it did my entire camper, truck, and bike. The F-11 didnt impress me, it was ok but liked the Recharge better. I've got a buddy about to put the Migliori on his car but havent seen it yet.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
bobbecky

An RV dealer/repair business near us here in Arizona advertises a ceramic coating which I believe they farm out rigs to this other business to have done. One of the things they require is, the rig must be fairly new as the procedure will not bring back badly faded front caps or their decals. I don't remember what the warranty is on this coating, but it is professionally done and probably uses a better material than can be used by a do-it-yourself person.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote